Have the garden professionally landscaped
by JTAD31 (2019-06-21 14:31:57)

In reply to: Should me in-laws seek legal recourse?  posted by LondonDomer

And give the bill to the seller or tell them to take it off of the price.

I'd worry about her showing up at odd hours. She's nuts.

Maybe hire the crazy daughter to be the new gardener.
by mkovac  (2019-06-21 15:39:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She obviously works fast.

I agree, she digs like a badger. *
by Inigomontoya  (2019-06-21 15:44:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't know if they could take it off the price
by LondonDomer  (2019-06-21 14:40:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

at this point. Sale is complete. However, two of the three siblings seem normal and fine. I suppose they could come through and pay for their batshit crazy sister's little adventure.

I am also worried about it.

Don't some states let you reverse a RE transaction?
by mintirish  (2019-06-21 15:39:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think some states allow you to reverse a real estate transaction for a short time period.

I would call my attorney and let the seller's attorney know your in-laws are backing out unless they get a check for $1500.

Have your in-laws ask both their realtor and attorney what they can do. Maybe their realtor can get the seller's realtor to cough up a little cash.

Otherwise I think they are SOL from a money standpoint. Obviously file a police report and get a restraining order.

Apparently not - replying to myself
by mintirish  (2019-06-21 15:44:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Dear Real Estate Adviser,
Where on the purchase agreement does it tell buyers how long they have, once signed, to change their mind on purchasing a single-family house?
— Karen P.

Dear Karen P.,
Unless you live in Jersey, nowhere. That’s assuming you didn’t add your own “cooling-off” period to your contract, which from the looks of it you didn’t.

Buyers and sellers often errantly believe that such a 3-day period, called the right of rescission, applies to single-family homebuying contracts, car purchases and some other capital purchases. It doesn’t. Except for New Jersey, the federal 3-day cancellation period applies only to mortgage refinancing, home equity loans or similar lines of credit secured using the home as collateral.

I would still have my attorney and RE agent raise hell to try to get someone to cough up some money

Estate has no duty to make them whole. *
by ndwifemom  (2019-06-21 15:05:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yeah, I understand that part. Just saying if my sister
by LondonDomer  (2019-06-21 15:10:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

was insane and pulled this shit on a house we sold together, I might feel inclined to cover for her.

I can tell you from experience. I'd bet you wouldn't.
by Steelhop  (2019-06-21 16:21:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the two normal siblings have been likely dealing with her crap their entire lives and mom was probably the only one the kept her in-line. I'd bet they want nothing to do with her and likely glad the last connection to her has been cut.

My thought, too. If she has serious issues, they are
by ndwifemom  (2019-06-21 17:46:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

probably tired for dealing with her and feel no need to clean up after her.

I wonder if she’s going to replant the plants.
by mkovac  (2019-06-22 01:30:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She probably took them home in her car with soil everywhere, and now they are probably cooking inside her car, dying.

She’s definitely a Play Misty For Me lady.