Good morning, BR!
by Ndwineaux (2019-06-22 06:05:47)
Edited on 2019-06-22 06:06:24

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Irish Forever,
Captain Wineaux
Shamrock Brigade

6 mile Presidio hike Sat, 5 mile S.Cruz redwoods this AM
by mitquinn  (2019-06-23 15:12:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1,500 vert climb under the cool canopy of the Giants. Doesn't get much better than that.

Day (12) - Post Op Hip-Replacement-1st ReHab Session Went
by Jammer  (2019-06-22 11:27:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Very Well on Tuesday - -
Been outside walking (2x/day) up & down the block (using walker) - May have overdone it on Friday- (2) 100yd walks & only (2) Pain Pills caused a sleepless night
Going to moderate Outside Walks vs Pain Pill consumption
Plus the fact that the Heat Index is suppposed to be 105*
“Everything in Moderation!”

Only (72) Days until Irish kick-off vs Louisville!

I had mine replaced on June 11
by bactien  (2019-06-22 12:46:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

at the VA hospital in Indy. All went very well till I went home. I fell asleep and pretty much stayed asleep till the morning. That's when I discovered that my leg was swollen to elephant size. I had to get that down before I could walk. Now that the leg is almost unswollen, I am walking. A bit of pain in my leg. As the Doc said, I am taking abway your pain and replacing it with new pain. The good news is that your old pain would not go away unless someone did something. The new pain will go away every so slowly but it will go.

But no bourbon, dammit.

“One Small Step” Forward each day - Someone correctly told
by Jammer (click here to email the poster)  (2019-06-22 13:16:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

me to “stay ahead of the pain with the Meds!”
Learned my lesson the hard way @ 3am on Friday night as I tried to go “Med-Free” last night after walking 200+ yards around the neighborhood on Friday.
I just used walker to go out & get the mail & a circuit 1/4 way around the block - No Problems Today; am going to throttle down the next (48) hours
Am going Back to see the Ortho Doc on Tuesday afternoon- Hoping to drive by July 4th- all depends on the Pain Meds
Stay Positive! Like Your Doc said: You now have a New Pain which will continue to get better; before June 11th You had a Hip Pain for months/Years which was going to continue to get worse!
Our new hips are metals & alloys; the nerves & muscles around them must heal!
Good Luck & let me know how You are doing! I have attached my email if you want to send me an update- - -

email seems like the best way to continue this discussion. *
by Bruno95  (2019-06-24 11:16:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sitting on an island here in the sound enjoying a
by Wooderson  (2019-06-22 11:16:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nice picnic with a very pregnant wife. Perfect weather today, zero complaints.

Just crawled off the ark here in Iowa. New set of sticks
by Irish72  (2019-06-22 09:45:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

from the kids for FD—going to try them out.

Full day and night of just me, B2.5, and B4.
by Irish Tool  (2019-06-22 09:12:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Didn't do any planning ahead this week but I'm tempted to head down the shore for a beach day. Nephew has a baseball tournament in Egg Harbor Township.

To work or not to work. That is the question.
by dbldomer7375  (2019-06-22 08:43:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The pro's schedule and mine differ. We'll see what happens for this afternoon. Maybe they will need me, maybe they won't. In any event, it's bottling weekend, so something good will happen.

Enjoy your weekend backroomigans.

Good morning, all. Tough decision today ... will I
by Barney68  (2019-06-22 08:04:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

try out my newly acquired sailboat for the first time or hit the links? The weather is downright perfect out there!

Note that the question does not include what I should do as that might involve work.

Sailing > golfing *
by Wooderson  (2019-06-22 11:17:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good morning J & Mates. More heavy rains today
by ProV1x  (2019-06-22 07:00:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in the Ohio River Valley. Already more rainfall this year than all of last. The mountain is going to be wet and slippery but keep pushing that rock!

Need your opinion.
by The Holtz Room  (2019-06-22 09:37:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’d like to pick up a “Sunday Bag” (or “pitch and putt” bag depending on where you live) for
my dad.

He was always a walker, but as he’s gotten older he rides more. He’s not going to walk and carry his full set these days, but would still walk 3-6 holes after diner sometimes.

These bags seem to vary a lot in style. Do you have a recommendation for a good one?

Thanks!

Carry bag
by pmwirish  (2019-06-22 11:19:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ping Moonlite is a good option, particularly at its price

Carry bag
by pmwirish  (2019-06-22 11:19:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ping Moonlite is a good option, particularly at its price

A good, obedient son would caddy for him every time.
by LocalSubAlum  (2019-06-22 10:45:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That way, he could have the option of playing any of his 14 clubs.

New job's a hassle, and the kids have the flu. *
by The Holtz Room  (2019-06-22 10:55:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But it's sure nice talking to you *
by El Kabong  (2019-06-22 11:31:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He’d grown up just like me. My boy was just like me.
by Father Nieuwland  (2019-06-22 14:53:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

“You, all right! I learned it by watching you!”

My dad only kept cigars in cigar boxes.
by The Holtz Room  (2019-06-22 16:00:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My elementary school years in the 80s suffered because of that.

Only blow I scored was Pixy Stix.

Good you stayed clear of Pop Rocks - that stuff killed Mikey *
by Father Nieuwland  (2019-06-22 18:18:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nice try, but I'm not buying it. *
by LocalSubAlum  (2019-06-22 11:19:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Coming up for the Senior Open next weekend? *
by SB Jimbo  (2019-06-22 09:19:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

2nd day of Member-Guest today. We are out of it,but
by NDFlyer  (2019-06-22 06:38:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Having a blast. Spending two days with my son as my guest isn’t too bad. We missed a lot of makeable par putts yesterday, but the food was good and the beer was cold. Onward for 18 more today.
Enjoy the weekend all

Have a great round today! Good attitude, you're going at
by ProV1x  (2019-06-22 06:56:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a great pastime the fun way!