I've had a great experience with AMEX Platinum
by ndsapper (2019-06-22 08:49:01)

In reply to: Platinum  posted by NDFlyerMS

Though...since I'm military they waive the annual fee which makes things so much better.

-- 200 airline credit
-- Priority Pass for access to lounges or $32 off your check at participating bars/restaurants
-- Great rewards program
-- Hilton Gold off the start
-- Global entry fee reimbursement

just to name a few.

Other underrated benefit of Amex Platinum - customer service
by Queensman  (2019-06-24 11:10:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The personalized customer service they provide is fantastic. When you call them from your phone, you actually get person on the line quickly...who already knows who you are when you call.

I once had my wallet stolen. I called them around 6:30pm to notify them. I had a FedEx'd replacement in my hand by 10:30 the next morning.

And if you travel a lot, access to the Priority Pass or Centurion Lounges are worht the price for the card itself.

Fee Waiver turns it into an incredible deal
by rflor  (2019-06-24 08:34:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good for AmEx to do that for military, as the card was very good even with the fee.

Priority pass / restaurant access ends 1 August
by irishnc92  (2019-06-22 10:02:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There's a restaurant in the STL airport, but I have yet to use it - the idea of getting to the airport just to eat appalls me.

I have access through the Amex Bonvoy Brillant card which makes financial sense for me for staying at hotels in the Phoenix area throughout the year. (I use the free stay nights in the Spring)