You will enjoy it.
by IAND75 (2019-07-15 16:03:48)

In reply to: What should I know before I put in a swimming pool?  posted by o2v4nd

But it is a luxury and an ongoing expense. You just need to accept that.

You will need to decide up front about a salt water system versus typical chlorine. Salt water systems are very popular but need to have fittings and equipment designed for it. Not a big deal if you are starting from scratch.

You should ask up front about the expected life. Pumps probably last about 10 years max. Tile and plaster are about 12-15 years. We just redid ours. Not cheap. The expected life will vary by locale so you should understand what is typical for your area and the construction you use.

Annual chemical bills vary. Where you live you will likely be able to use some of what you are planning for the majority of the year so the chemical bill will be an ongoing expense.

Cleaning and other upkeep are simple, especially if you have a good robot pool sweep. They have improved a lot over the last few years.

We are unable to travel so our backyard is our vacation spot. It is a nice luxury, but is a great alternative to going to a resort for vacation. And I don’t feel guilty if the weather isn’t optimal and I decide not to use it for the weekend.