How much does heating your pool drive up your
by TWO (2019-07-15 16:49:23)

In reply to: It will make it more difficult to sell your house.  posted by Giggity_Giggity

electric bill. It doesn't seem like you can just turn it on and in a a short time have a nice comfortable water temp.

My heater is natural gas, and yes, it's quick.
by Giggity_Giggity  (2019-07-15 17:14:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can go up 2 degrees an hour in full sun, usually about 1 degree an hour overnight.

The natural gas costs me about $100 for a whole summer of usage. I probably run the heater for 100 hours a season, and a 240K BTU pool heater uses about 2.5 therms of NG per hour. At $0.45-ish per therm, that equates to just over a dollar an hour.

Natural Gas, I hadn't thought of that..
by TWO  (2019-07-15 17:35:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

very neat.

I have a picture in my mind
by mitquinn  (2019-07-15 17:23:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Your pool is full of ginger ale and you toggle the nat gas temps to secure rib basting excellence....

I am well marbled, so braising works wonders. *
by Giggity_Giggity  (2019-07-15 17:37:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post