I guess this means Groody likely to succeed Jenkins (link)
by BigEND (2019-07-15 18:18:43)

Well, this isn't what the people from SNAP had in mind.
by Otter  (2019-07-16 12:54:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not a demotion, no.

For the record, I don't know the guy, nor do I have an opinion.

I still wonder about the Elizondo case
by NDoggie78  (2019-07-16 14:21:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know nothing about it but what I read. The accusations were made by an orphan boy against two priests - the first priest, Dominguez ended up with 58 counts of child abuse. The second priest, Elizondo, is who the boy went to for counseling. He accused Elizondo of kissing and fondling. As far as I can tell, those were the only accusations against Elizondo and he vehemently denied them.

Now I don't know what really happened and not making excuses for Catholic priests' behavior, but wonder if Elizondo got lumped together with the offending priest in the boy's mind? You would think if he was truly a pedophile, there would have been more accusations.

I don't know anything about Groody, but I can see how he might defend a priest he knew - especially after that priest committed suicide.

Hadn't seen this. I'll re-evaluate Groody. Thanks. *
by Manor76  (2019-07-16 13:47:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I had him for my freshman theology seminar
by drbravo2  (2019-07-16 11:06:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wasn't impressed.

From the dorm that the builders rejected (Pangborn)
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-07-15 22:41:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

comes the cornerstone.

Poor guy endured the Faust Years and missed Lou. ND ‘86
by 1NDGal  (2019-07-16 09:33:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Extra respeck in my book.

(Note that I said “the Faust Years”. Gerry himself is an awesome guy.)

I am Groody. *
by Giggity_Giggity  (2019-07-15 22:15:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Whoah-ho-ho Mister. Watch your mouth!
by HennaOrNo  (2019-07-16 00:13:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And put down that video game. It’ll fry your brain.

Attended a lecture he gave at a reunion, and I was his
by Manor76  (2019-07-15 21:54:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

chauffeur when he was in Dallas to deliver a Hesburgh Lecture. While he was in town he did two interviews with the local Catholic radio station - one in English and one in Spanish. Very impressive guy.

It's Groody! *
by Dr Muppet  (2019-07-15 20:59:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Groody! Groody! Groody! *
by sprack  (2019-07-15 19:35:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I had to tell his Aunt her old gray goose was dead. *
by Irish Jim  (2019-07-16 15:20:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That’s Fr. Groody Two Shoes to you! *
by Frank Drebin  (2019-07-16 13:02:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mr. Mojo Risin *
by Stonebreaker9  (2019-07-15 19:30:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Would have had a chance if he didn't cancel his subscription
by JACC1203  (2019-07-15 19:52:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

......to the Resurrection.

Then to make matters worse he sent his credentials to the House of Detention.

Too bad no graduates from Frostburg State were available *
by Frank Drebin  (2019-07-15 18:49:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Guess we'll be joining the SEC soon *
by bengalbout  (2019-07-15 18:36:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post