I was back in the NY area a few years ago for work, and
by Barrister (2019-07-16 09:15:49)

In reply to: Sarabeth’s for Breakfast, Blue Smoke for dinner. *  posted by IrishApache

my parents met me in the city and we really enjoyed Blue Smoke.

Blue Smoke is a fine institution
by DBCooper  (2019-07-16 09:49:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But there has been a BBQ revolution in NYC over the past 10/15 years. I don’t know if Blue Smoke would be in The top 5 bbq spots in the city anymore. Still a great place though.

For us, location was important. I was coming in from
by Barrister  (2019-07-16 09:55:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

NJ by train, my parents were coming in from LI and none of us had been to WTC since before 9/11, despite my dad having worked in midtown for years after.

We walked around the pools and Battery Park, then took a quick side trip up to the Irish Hunger Memorial, so Blue Smoke was convenient.

The WTC PATH station wasn't done yet, but it was pretty wild looking from the outside.

That station is pretty amazing
by DBCooper  (2019-07-16 10:09:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Definitely should be visited by tourists if in the area

Looks nice, but would've been better if they'd spent
by Wooderson  (2019-07-16 15:08:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the $4B on something a little more useful, like tying the PATH into the 6 train.