CaptainEclectic, that gum you like is going to come back in
by ND Trumpet (2019-08-22 14:16:36)

style

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WTKFMLP

As much as I loved most of the original run, FWWM, and The Return, I'm not sure I would drop $140 on this. Still, it would be nice to have a definitive Blu Ray set instead of my collection of random DVD's.

Problem being
by captaineclectic  (2019-08-22 14:31:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I bought the Blu-Ray of The Return and the Blu-Ray of The Complete Mystery just about 18 months ago. Makes it hard to justify this purchase, at least until I learn what the “6 hours of never-before seen footage” are.

This looks like a pretty justifiable expense for anyone who hasn’t already made a similar purchase. The items separately run you about $65. For $70 extra, you get a better format and more stuff, plus it matches? Not bad.

I used to buy box sets
by ND Trumpet  (2019-08-22 14:45:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Including two different iterations of Twin Peaks sets but it feels like the license holders for various properties issue new sets with new content every few years in order to squeeze money out of fandom. Lucasfilm, I'm looking at you. I expect Disney will release some mega MCU box set in the near future then follow it up with a super deluxe version followed by the Infinity Edition ad nauseum.

Yeah, those Twin Peaks box sets
by captaineclectic  (2019-08-22 14:54:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Are the only DVDs I’ve bought in ages, with the lone exception of an obscure movie I couldn’t find on streaming. And I did it because I wanted to reward Showtime and Lynch and encourage more.

Lynch, much as I love him, is no exception to the rule of milking. This “From Z to A” collection is coming out all of 2 months after a $76 box set called The Television Collection which omits FWWM and The Missing Pieces. You know, just in case you want to buy that too. I’m actually happy it’s coming out that quick, I figured Lynch would wait another year to try to get two sets of Christmas purchases.

This is setting aside the way the Season 2 soundtrack finally got a re-release ... this year. Presumably because sales dropped off on the two season 3 soundtrack albums. Next year: a complete soundtrack box set. You read it here first.