Popeyes Chicken Sandwich
by alleghenyirish (2019-08-22 16:14:55)

Best thing I've ever eaten under ten dollars. Yes it may kill me, but I'm here for a good time not a long time.

Popeye's vs Chick Fil A
by dulac89  (2019-08-23 23:23:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Okay, let me break it down for the people that haven't had a chicken sandwich from either Chick-Fil-A or Popeye's

Chick-Fil-A's sandwich tastes like it was cooked by a white woman named Sarah who grew up around black people. The flavor is definitely there, but Sarah cares about your cholesterol so she's careful about the breading and grease content.

Popeye's sandwich tastes like it was cooked by an older black lady named Lucille that serves on the usher board and has 12 grandkids that call her "Madea". Madea don't give a shit about your cholesterol because God's in control. Hope this helps"

I'm Popeye the sailor man,
by BeijingIrish  (2019-08-23 11:01:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm Popeye the sailor man.
I'm strong to the finish,
Because I eat my spinach.
I'm Popeye the sailor man.

No threads on this board more describe the age gap than threads about fast-food places. Maybe not the age gap as much as the prole gap. Just as I do not let a synthetic fiber ever touch my body, I would not even think about eating something from Popeye's. What is Popeye's?

I've been to McDonald's and Burger King many times. I've been to a Chick-Fil-A (sp?) once. I liked it, and I would go more often, but they are always crowded. The one time I went, I had to wait for a long time, and on subsequent occasions, the queue of cars in the drive-in line was too long. We have this thing in Colorado called Larkburger--maybe they're in other places--and once you've gone there, you don't want to go to other places.

I went to a KFC once. In Beijing, China, of all places. I was indescribably bad. I didn't so much eat my food as dissect it. First I peeled off the thick, rubbery skin. Underneath was a a chunk of glistening, pearlescent chicken rimmed with pieces of pale yellow fat. A watery red liquid squirted from the veins. I turned to the fries, but they tasted like the place smelled.

We have 3 Serious Texas BBQ's in Fort Collins, and I've been to each one. But we also have Nordy's, and it's much better. It's sort of fascinating to watch obese men and women with ugly tattoos shove fatty brisket in their mouths, cole slaw flying out the side, occasionally lifting a huge thigh to fart, finishing by cleaning their teeth with a toothpick. "Gonna go git me another pile of that peach cobbler."

I'm really not much of an expert, because I have been to so few of the popular fast-food places. The ones I've never been to:
Wendy's
Taco Bell
Sonic

I could probably think of some more. What comes into my head are other places. I'm not sure you would call them fast-food places. They are places like Applebee's. Cheap, shitty restaurants. I went to Applebee's once in York NE. It was the restaurant in a Holiday Inn at the intersection of I-80 and US Hwy 77. The women's prison in Nebraska is in York, and I think the Applebee's participates in the work release program. I've never been to a Red Lobster or an Outback Steakhouse, the latter because I loathe the voice of the Aussie guy in the Outback ads.

Book rec for you then. (link)
by The Holtz Room  (2019-08-23 11:31:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The table of contents reminded me of places
by BeijingIrish  (2019-08-23 11:49:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'd forgotten about. For example, Jack in the Box. I always thought this was a California-based company. The only JITB store I ever visited was in CA. It was near the place I lived in San Diego in 1970 when I was in the Navy.

I've been to a Waffle House twice and both times in Lake City, FL.

There are a few of those places I’ve never been either.
by The Holtz Room  (2019-08-23 12:01:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

JITB is one of them.

I bought that book for my brother who, in his law school days, championed fast food proles.

Not to say he (or I for full disclosure) won’t eat a Whopper every now and then.

* KFC chicken is sketchy enough. You’re description of your Chinese encounter doesn’t surprise me at all.

It disappoints me to see....
by Cash  (2019-08-23 01:17:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

.... that Andy has not deigned to reply in this thread.

Cash

Perhaps he has broken bread with Allegheny? *
by Nitschke  (2019-08-23 09:49:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's a Chick-fil-A man. It's a religious thing with him. *
by ArasEra  (2019-08-23 01:21:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Popeyes: "More Flavor, Less Homophobia" *
by Bluntschli  (2019-08-23 08:33:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The genesis was the infamous "they weren't chicks" incident. *
by ArasEra  (2019-08-23 14:30:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I found myself walkign past a Popeyes randomly sat nt.
by Wooderson  (2019-08-22 22:41:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Having heard the internet commotion re the new sandwich, I stopped in to ask if I could get one. I was told it was a 15 min wait. I was floored.

I demurred, but that says a lot about the latent demand that CFA wasn't addressing.

In the town next to me, the Popeyes and the CFA are sparated by a utility easement and a ditch. the CFA is nicer, but the Popeyes had lines out the door this week. Sunday will tell the tale.

They don't hand out chicken sandwiches at communion.

One does not typically walk past a Popeye’s.
by Bruno95  (2019-08-23 09:09:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You must have ventured well north of the Upper East Side.

It is on 125th near the Metro North station
by Shifty  (2019-08-23 10:47:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So it is not uncommon to walk by Popeye's on the way from Metro North to the 4/5/6.

Once after a full day of watching football on the UES I arrived at the 125th street station just as my train departed. Drunk and hungry I found my way to that Popeye's and made a spectacle of myself. It was disgraceful.

Popeye's moved across the street and down the block a bit to a newer storefront. But every time I see it I relive my shame.

It would make homilies more bearable. *
by squid  (2019-08-23 03:00:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But Long John Silvers has crispies *
by meatwhistle  (2019-08-22 22:12:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And hush puppies *
by sprack  (2019-08-23 10:39:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Let’s confine this discussion to restaurants with peers. *
by Bruno95  (2019-08-23 09:06:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Best thing you've ever eaten for under $10?
by pmcdnd96  (2019-08-22 21:06:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm skeptical. I might believe a fast food restaurant could serve the best thing under $5, but there's a lot of good food available for under $10

I stand by my statement
by alleghenyirish  (2019-08-23 07:09:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've eaten alot of great things under ten dollars. But none better than the perfect chicken sandwich

Box of Slim Jims is $19.99
by captaineclectic  (2019-08-22 22:04:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you telling me that sandwich is better than 60 Slim Jims?

Not to mention chocolate, gelato, pot cookies *
by DakotaDomer  (2019-08-22 21:21:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No one here follows Reviewbrah? The Report of the Week?
by The Holtz Room  (2019-08-22 18:50:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I stumbled upon this kid years ago.

Perhaps this belongs in the PBR because, as the comment section of his videos prove, there is but ONE man that can unite this country!

I only listen to his shortwave radio podcast. *
by mclusky  (2019-08-23 07:17:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This guy should be a BR staple. *
by The Holtz Room  (2019-08-23 10:02:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Did the pickles taste like chicken? (link)
by Final_Flanner  (2019-08-22 18:44:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I will pay you Tuesday for a chicken sandwich today *
by sprack  (2019-08-22 18:21:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

gladly . . . . *
by Notra_Dahm  (2019-08-22 21:06:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Okay, Wimpy *
by Namurtha  (2019-08-22 21:14:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

How can they call Popeye's and have no spinach on the menu? *
by LocalSubAlum  (2019-08-22 18:11:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm not too worried about the spinach but I was pretty
by Bluntschli  (2019-08-22 18:27:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

pissed when they stopped serving gizzards at the one in Mishawaka.

Not to worry, the Phillips 66 station at the corner
by LocalSubAlum  (2019-08-22 18:31:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of Ash Rd. and Lincolnway has them.

I'll have to check that out. The gas station across from
by Bluntschli  (2019-08-22 19:55:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Heritage Square has them as well, and they are freaking delicious.

I agree. Popeyes is special.
by JTAD31  (2019-08-22 18:08:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Eat it once every 5 years.

Chik fila > popeyes! *
by keepamonte  (2019-08-22 17:25:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bojangles.
by Bruno95  (2019-08-22 21:00:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think if I saw a pube on a Bojangles biscuit, I’d pretend it were an eyelash and soldier on.

Preach *
by elterrible  (2019-08-23 09:35:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not in any world. Past present or future. *
by TAR  (2019-08-22 18:32:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

BS
by Mojoirish88!  (2019-08-22 20:57:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Dumbest comment ever. Popeyes sucks ass and is the lowest of the low brow food. Chick Fila actually tastes like chicken and not chicken shit. Neither are good though.

Clearly you are a connoisseur if you know what
by TAR  (2019-08-22 21:53:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Chicken shit tastes like. I’d listen to you. You must be pre-med.

Connoisseur
by Mojoirish88!  (2019-08-23 08:05:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am a connoisseur of many things, you are simply an ass who enjoys cheap shitty fried chicken.

Please fill out a profile. And check out the Political Board *
by No Right Turn on Red  (2019-08-23 10:34:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I did
by Mojoirish88!  (2019-08-23 21:17:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I find the political board a complete cesspool as is most of the political discourse in this country.

If his password is his handle, we could fill it out for him.
by OGerry  (2019-08-23 13:46:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sartorial style: acid wash button down 511s and collie fur muscle shirts.

Clueless
by Mojoirish88!  (2019-08-23 20:52:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You have no clue. I simply stated an opinion on a low end chicken restaurant. Someone seemed to take offense. I still think it sucks. Your ignorant characterization is hilarious. Get a clue.

I'd be more inclined to believe you
by OGerry  (2019-08-23 22:24:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

if your handle sported a few more exclamation points. Your punctuation parsimony has damned me a state of less clues.

wtf
by Mojoirish88!  (2019-08-23 22:40:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have no clue what you are talking about. I have one exclamation point to get an acceptable handle. Parsimony, really? Believe me or not, I couldn’t care less.

I have you highlighted. Don't let us down. *
by OGerry  (2019-08-24 07:41:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Reread your pathetic string of posts. Your contributions
by TAR  (2019-08-23 21:22:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Here to date are underwhelming.

What?
by Mojoirish88!  (2019-08-23 21:31:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’ve had very few actually and your response was asinine. I won’t even comment on your posts. Give it a rest.

Your lack of self awareness won’t serve you well here *
by TAR  (2019-08-23 22:39:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

?
by Mojoirish88!  (2019-08-23 22:48:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Your lack of a sense of humor and any intellect scares me. Holy hell man.

All this over a fast food opinion *
by montroy28  (2019-08-23 08:13:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Have you tried the new Popeye's sandwich (only out
by Bluntschli  (2019-08-22 18:26:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for a couple weeks now I think)?