I found myself walkign past a Popeyes randomly sat nt.
by Wooderson (2019-08-22 22:41:43)

In reply to: Popeyes Chicken Sandwich  posted by alleghenyirish

Having heard the internet commotion re the new sandwich, I stopped in to ask if I could get one. I was told it was a 15 min wait. I was floored.

I demurred, but that says a lot about the latent demand that CFA wasn't addressing.

In the town next to me, the Popeyes and the CFA are sparated by a utility easement and a ditch. the CFA is nicer, but the Popeyes had lines out the door this week. Sunday will tell the tale.

They don't hand out chicken sandwiches at communion.

One does not typically walk past a Popeye’s.
by Bruno95  (2019-08-23 09:09:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You must have ventured well north of the Upper East Side.

It is on 125th near the Metro North station
by Shifty  (2019-08-23 10:47:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So it is not uncommon to walk by Popeye's on the way from Metro North to the 4/5/6.

Once after a full day of watching football on the UES I arrived at the 125th street station just as my train departed. Drunk and hungry I found my way to that Popeye's and made a spectacle of myself. It was disgraceful.

Popeye's moved across the street and down the block a bit to a newer storefront. But every time I see it I relive my shame.

It would make homilies more bearable. *
by squid  (2019-08-23 03:00:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post