Always seemed silly to me.
by ndroman21 (2019-08-22 23:25:40)

In reply to: Anyone put in a pot filler on their stove?  posted by Wooderson

You still have to carry the full heated pot off of the stove, which seems harder than carrying a cold pot to the stove.

Now, a prep sink somewhere near the stove I can get behind (and do recommend).

Do you though?
by Wooderson  (2019-08-22 23:34:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you're doing pasta, you can fill the pot on one side, and keep the sink free for other prep work.

My wife is the cook, trying to make her happy here. Cost is negligible given that everything is torn up at the moment and the water line is right there.

How long does it take to fill the pot?
by ndroman21  (2019-08-22 23:53:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think the prep sink can be spared for that 30-45 seconds, but that’s just me.

And yes, you still have to empty the boiling pot at a sink, even if you filled it on the stove.

If she wants it though and it’s a negligible cost, then go for it.

I, too, say go for it
by Shifty  (2019-08-23 10:35:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't have one. And I've never missed it. But maybe if I was tearing my kitchen apart anyway, and the extra cost was not significant, I'd add it.

I saw one for the first time a few years ago. The guys across the street bought, fixed up, and flipped the house. During the Open House I saw a faucet over the stove and learned about pot fillers. I guess it is for those 'high end' kitchens.