I'm not sure it is actually a saver
by OrangeJubilee (2019-08-23 09:07:52)

In reply to: This seems like a no-brainer  posted by catripledomer

Especially in warm climates.

You save water, but you pay to heat the water throughout your home's non-insulated pipes. So going to use more energy. Not sure how the breakdown is overall but (a) you are using more energy to reheat that water constantly and (b) in a warm climate you are using more energy to cool your house more from that heat given off.

The number of gallons wasted when it takes 30+ seconds
by voidoid  (2019-08-23 10:39:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for a shower to warm up is well worth the electricity/gas used to heat the water. In drought-prone climates like CA the recirculation pump is a wonderful sustainable solution.

How do you relate fuel/water?
by OrangeJubilee  (2019-08-23 17:28:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"well worth" seems rather arbitrary. What's a gallon of water cost vs. units of gas or electricity?

I don’t care about the monetary cost.
by voidoid  (2019-08-23 18:05:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I care about conserving water.