A question for anyone who has attended a game at West Point.
by Carlos Huerta (2019-08-23 11:03:37)

How much of a hassle is it getting onto campus for a game? The only time I've been on campus for an event was a Seinfeld show at the theater and I recall a pretty long back up to get through the security checkpoint. I assume they have a system in place for football but the game is next Friday at 6:00 and I probably wouldn't be able to get to the campus until relatively close to the start time. And yes I realize going to an Army game and missing out on tailgating is not the proper way to experience it but my kids are pushing this and their main interest is seeing live football.

It backs up big time.
by mintirish (click here to email the poster)  (2019-08-23 11:54:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I also believe based on your ticket / parking pass scenario you don't have a choice on which gate to enter.

Are you coming from the North or South? Does your parking pass specify a gate? I live in the next town North and may be able to give you a little local knowledge.

I put my email in the box

Looks like it would be the Washington Rd. gate. The Yankees
by Carlos Huerta  (2019-08-23 12:35:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

game is sounding like a more attractive option. Hopefully we can find a Saturday that works and do West Point the right way, I may even get to check off a bucket list item of seeing a Morgan St. football game live. Thanks for the feedback.

Two lane road in Highland Falls really backs up entrance
by Frank Drebin  (2019-08-23 11:17:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Since 9-11, military checkpoint at the main entrance has really slowed things down. A day afternoon game is a much nicer especially in the early fall when leaves are turning. Good luck with your decision