That's it for a lifetime. I have it, 24 hours a day
by ProV1x (2019-08-24 15:25:47)

In reply to: Family member diagnosed with tinnitus. Has been told not  posted by other_guy

of a constant light roar noise. Tinnitus came on after my first stroke in November along with loss of hearing, constant dizziness, and loss of balance. Common nerve damage after a stroke.

I've had a second stroke but there has been no additional nerve damage fortunately. I now wear a hearing aid, however it does not stop or help with Tinnitus. I've also been taking Vestibular Rehab Therapy trying to "possibly" retrain the inner ear nerves involved. VRT along with Father Time might help me but time is leaving town. Golden Years are a bitch for me but they're golden for the physicians and pharmacists.

About all I can do at the golf course now is give lessons sitting in a chair on the range. I'm very blessed and thankful I can do that though. Former UL coach Denny Crum was brought into the ICU room next to mine with his second stroke also. His symptoms were complete paralysis of the right side of his body and loss of his ability to swallow. He's probably finished with his rehab now and I've heard he's progressing. Denny and I were both in pretty good health and physical condition, non smokers, light drinkers, when we had our strokes so one never knows.

o_g I hope your family member can possibly get over Tinnitus.