This is going to be a weird poll question
by p.s. I am not a crackpot (2019-09-01 19:14:05)

Six months ago, a good friend of mine (let's call him John) married a girl (let's call her Ellie) he had dated for seven years.

Yesterday, he told me (and our group of friends) Ellie and him are getting a divorce. We were all stunned because Ellie is a great girl and all of us in our group like her a lot.

The reason: John found out last week that Ellie had banged the stripper who was at her bachelorette party.

Ellie said the bachelorette party is supposed to be the last hurrah to sow your wild oats before you get married, and this was part of her doing so. She said had John had sex at his bachelor party (which wasn't even an option because we played poker and watched ND get pounded by Virginia up at our buddy's lake house for a weekend), she wouldn't have considered it a big deal. John obviously feels very different and doesn't feel he'll be able to get over the betrayal.

We're all still processing this, but I wonder if other people feel the same way as John or Ellie. Obvs they should have had this kind of discussion before the parties happened, but other than that, what's the thoughts of the BR?

Replies: