Chicago folks
by HTownND (2019-09-20 18:40:15)

What’s a good bar in the city to watch the game these days?

I know Racine closed and changed owners.

Asking for a friend coming in this weekend. They are looking for a place (closer to the Loop) and no offense to our younger grads, but isn’t fully of early 20s Bros slamming Jamo after every first down.

Flo and Santos in the South Loop *
by tqm96  (2019-09-21 11:16:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Declan’s in old town
by airborneirish  (2019-09-21 00:37:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m almost positive that if you go you’ll see a few players from the holtz years. And by players I mean guys we all know.

I’ll be home solo with 4 kids but may still stop by after dinner. Are you coming in?

I’m out of town for
by HTownND  (2019-09-21 08:15:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kids sports, hence trying to find a place

I met Mike Brey there.
by Smooth Jimmy Apollo  (2019-09-21 01:06:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was wearing some kind of ND apparel from the 2000s. He told me, "We gotta get you out of this Adidas shit."

In roscoe village
by miamioh_irishfan  (2019-09-20 22:48:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Commonwealth has a good scene for the game.

5 minute walk from the Paulina brown line stop. Owner is an ND guy.

Most places near the loop aren’t great
by HScorpio  (2019-09-20 18:53:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Highline and Theory are probably the best that are in that area. The best actual Notre Dame bar is probably Irish Oak, but it’s near Wrigley. I’ve heard Ogden near the United Center is good, but haven’t been.

Too bad you have the last sentence or they could have enjoyed John Barleycorn or the now defunct Studio Paris.

D4, is about a 15 minute walk from the loop
by Endthecursein05  (2019-09-20 18:45:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but is a very nice bar/restaurant in Streeterville. It is an unofficial ND bar, good food and full of early 20 bros.