Sun's peeping through the trees. Tee it up!
by ProV1x (2019-09-21 07:35:05)

And Good mornin' to my Mates. Busy morning in neuroplasticity rehab coming up. We're trying to rewire my brain neurons and pathways to help my balance. As of now I'm called the Wobbler. We're getting there though. Thousands of reps. GO IRISH!!

B17 working on Naval Academy application. Still.
by dallas_subway  (2019-09-21 11:23:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Quiet day for me.

Smack talk first thing in the morning, ugh
by GU82ND4ever  (2019-09-21 10:42:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

After a somewhat trying phone conversation, I walked over to the dry cleaner. The guy ahead of me in line sees my ND shirt and proceeds to tell me he’s Catholic but hates Notre Dame for their arrogance. He added he was from the West Coast and roots for Stanford and USC. I said that most of my family went to ND and I got in, but went to Georgetown. He backed off when he noticed that from my expression I wasn’t much inclined for smack just then. When he left I told him well root for Georgia, and he said he couldn’t go for southern schools.

Sigh - I left feeling pathetic about not responding more humorously to him, and I’m not hopeful about tonight, but please let us beat Stanford and Southern Cal.

Finally, it’s a beautiful day here in northern VA, so I won’t let this get me down. Go Irish, beat those Dawgs!

People like that are quite annoying.
by MobileIrish  (2019-09-21 13:39:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Why bother with the I’m Catholic, but I hate/dislike Notre Dame? My son’s teacher said that last year in front of a room full of parents.

I never get that one
by GU82ND4ever  (2019-09-21 14:06:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Why would your son’s teacher even make a remark like that? I could understand a bit if most parents were decked out in ND gear, but I don’t assume Catholics are default ND fans by any stretch. Nor should that teacher.

With the dry cleaning customer, it was a weird conversational gambit given that I was a stranger and hadn’t said a word to hm. You’re right - it is annoying. I’m fine with goodnatured smack, but that hit me wrong this morning.

For future reference — the response is “ya, it’s pretty hard
by 1NDGal  (2019-09-21 17:57:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to get in, don’t feel too bad about it.”

That’s great
by GU82ND4ever  (2019-09-21 19:31:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

i just wish I’d been in a more jocular mood to give it back to him. An ND win tonight would be the best revenge!

Enjoying some Athens, GA music that's not REM [v]
by thecontrarian (click here to email the poster)  (2019-09-21 09:20:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Gyrate is a great album: "Feast on my Heart"
by knutesteen  (2019-09-21 18:31:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Feast On My Heart https://g.co/kgs/wugSw6

Good morning, BR!
by Ndwineaux  (2019-09-21 08:53:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So far, a good week after another chemo blast. I’m tired, but fighting.
Speaking of fighting, where’s all the ND support vs those lousy Dawgs?
What happened to what tho the odds be great or small? Come on, Swampy! Let’s go! Sack up! Let’s get a win!

Go Irish - Beat Bulldogs!

Onward to Victory,
Captain Wineaux
Shamrock Brigade

The old ND fighting type fans are on the Everything Sucks
by ProV1x  (2019-09-21 10:21:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Board now. Keep your pecker up, Pards there'll still be a bunch of us Street Fightin' Scrappers down in Georgia kickin' and gouging in the mud, the blood, and the beer. Others need not apply.

And for you personally, when the good fight gets tiresome, go to the Saint Francis De Sales prayer. Read it over and over, it's helped me through some double bogeys over the last 19 years.

On the what board now? *
by El Kabong  (2019-09-21 10:43:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One of the other ones. Maybe the Hair Pulling board.
by ProV1x  (2019-09-21 16:44:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Morning from northern NJ!
by maniactranspodriver  (2019-09-21 08:45:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Out shortly for a day with G11 and G6. Greek festival in Wyckoff. Wyckoff football with G11 cheering. Potential rendesvous with the Contrarian to watch mediocre Kelly look better and make it close but likely lose to Georgia!

Go Canisius Crusaders! Beat St. Joe's!
Go Irish! Beat Bulldogs!
Go Sabres! (still pre-seasos)! Beat Maple Laffs!
Go Bills! Crush the Bungles! Then we Circle the Wagons and go all in to upset the Cheatriots next week.

Have a great day and weekend everyone!

My dad and I are taking B3 and G4 fishing at a friends
by Jeash  (2019-09-21 08:38:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

pond this morning. Figured it was better than sitting around watching game day.

Playing 27 holes today
by arch_moore  (2019-09-21 08:33:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Then coming back to watch the lads and have carnitas tacos.

Takin' the day off, more or less.
by dbldomer7375  (2019-09-21 08:27:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just my luck missing out on having to work a 140 player shotgun start today. Oh, well. In the meantime, it is bottling day, so I've got that to worry through.

Hope you get yourself rewired with no shortcuts. Who knows, you might even come back with some heretofore unknown super power.

It could happen, you know.

Have a lovely fall weekend, y'all.

Good morning! Family coming for a mid-day picnic, so ...
by Barney68  (2019-09-21 08:23:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

must make my deviled eggs shortly. Beautiful weather so we're expecting a great time to be had by all.

On balance issues ... an old (in more ways that one) friend was mentioning something similar. He's had great success with one of those hoverboard gadgets ... started holding on to a column in his basement and keeping the board under him as best I understand the explanation; he can now travel around the basement in short, simple maneuvers.

Moved into our new place
by crazychester  (2019-09-21 08:15:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

After 28 years in a rambling Victorian we’ve moved into a brand new city Hi rise. Definitely going to take some getting used to but change is good.

Seems like everyone is doing that
by mitquinn  (2019-09-21 11:50:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The CEO of my firm got out of the north shore before the wreckage and is downtown with two still in high school.

He told me the north burbs are flooded with underwater properties in the millions of losses.

There is
by crazychester  (2019-09-21 12:02:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A pretty well know IL family that decamped to palm beach a couple years ago. One of the coequal brothers sold a place in kenilworth that he paid 7m for in 2005 for under 3. Just wanted out of the state income tax. Other brother is a fl resident but still has a huge place in lake forest that is essentially unsellable they are wealthy enough that it doesn’t really matter but everything pushes down on everything else

I thought we were looking at a long slog as well but our place was very well maintained, well located in town, and 25 minutes from the loop so it went quickly. I will admit I was holding my breath until it closed.

This will be a new adventure but it was time. Kids are all here. Daughter liked the place so much she stayed last night. Hadn’t stayed a night at home since moved out a year ago.

Mazel Tov and good luck *
by ACross  (2019-09-22 00:19:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thank you
by crazychester  (2019-09-22 22:57:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It’s been an emotional week

Misread as someone’s son peeing through trees. My bad *
by Frank Drebin  (2019-09-21 08:13:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Trees on golf courses are peed upon more than others.
by ProV1x  (2019-09-21 09:01:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was playing in a Pro-Lady tournament once (three women amateurs and one pro) at a links style golf course with no trees. Naturally I was generous when we encountered the beer cart. After a few holes all I could think of was "Come on clubhouse!"

Guilty conscience?
by BigBadBrewer  (2019-09-21 08:15:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I kid I kid...

Maybe too many beers last night. *
by Frank Drebin  (2019-09-21 08:30:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In an Athens hotel way N since the AirBnB failed, go Irish ☘️ *
by discNDav  (2019-09-21 08:10:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good morning, Pro.
by LocalSubAlum  (2019-09-21 08:00:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Car show season is rapidly coming to a close and I have take advantage of the few shows that are left, so that is where I am off to today (LaPorte).

Good luck with the rehab. Go Irish!

Gorgeous day that will end with what will become known as
by 1NDGal  (2019-09-21 07:41:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the Athens Massacre.

And Georgia still won’t win it all this year.

Mornin’, all.