Moved into our new place
by crazychester (2019-09-21 08:15:41)

In reply to: Sun's peeping through the trees. Tee it up!  posted by ProV1x

After 28 years in a rambling Victorian we’ve moved into a brand new city Hi rise. Definitely going to take some getting used to but change is good.

Seems like everyone is doing that
by mitquinn  (2019-09-21 11:50:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The CEO of my firm got out of the north shore before the wreckage and is downtown with two still in high school.

He told me the north burbs are flooded with underwater properties in the millions of losses.

There is
by crazychester  (2019-09-21 12:02:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A pretty well know IL family that decamped to palm beach a couple years ago. One of the coequal brothers sold a place in kenilworth that he paid 7m for in 2005 for under 3. Just wanted out of the state income tax. Other brother is a fl resident but still has a huge place in lake forest that is essentially unsellable they are wealthy enough that it doesn’t really matter but everything pushes down on everything else

I thought we were looking at a long slog as well but our place was very well maintained, well located in town, and 25 minutes from the loop so it went quickly. I will admit I was holding my breath until it closed.

This will be a new adventure but it was time. Kids are all here. Daughter liked the place so much she stayed last night. Hadn’t stayed a night at home since moved out a year ago.

Mazel Tov and good luck *
by ACross  (2019-09-22 00:19:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thank you
by crazychester  (2019-09-22 22:57:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It’s been an emotional week