I changed jobs this year after 25 years in 1 company
by mjv8198 (click here to email the poster) (2019-09-23 13:06:58)

In reply to: Resume questions  posted by tf86

I hired a professional resume writer you can locate a certified writer at the link. While it is tempting to use a local person it is not necessary. I had several people compliment my resume, it is very different from any resume I every had previously. The process they put you through really makes you think about your career. Interview the resume writer some are companies that just grind out resumes, the person who did mine was a stay at home mom and she was great. She also updated my linked in page. It was worth the investment.

Update your LinkedIn page, be sure to turn on the option that allows recruiters to view your page. Be sure you have a current picture if you can have the picture taken professionally do it. Do not use a casual picture. I was going to have mine taken but I found a job quickly.

The challenge is the key words recruiters and HR use when searching resumes, they receive hundreds of resumes and they use software to search key words on your resume and LinkedIn.

Networking is very important, while I had several interviews the best ones came through networking, I had a job in 3 months, it was through networking.

I am happy to share my resume and the person who wrote it as well. My email is attached.