I agree with you on this one.
by LastDon (2019-09-24 00:33:47)

In reply to: This is absolutely false. To avoid “unconscious bias” remove  posted by tar

I am a little younger than tf86, but I was a good 15-20 years older than most of my classmates when I was interviewing for post-MBA jobs. I actually wound up taking a position where my years of experience were a benefit, but along the way I got a lot more interviews, and subsequently a handful more offers, when I left as much potential fuel for age discrimination as possible off my resume. Graduation dates were unnecessary, and no work before 10 years ago was listed.

The tricky part was the fact that the management positions I held 15-20 years ago were often more directly relevant than the position I held 2 years ago.

Once I realized that nobody gives a shit beyond a superficial scan, things got a lot easier for me. Looking like a 27 year old on paper and then having to outperform younger peers in an interview was a lot better for me than looking like a 42 year old on paper and not getting an interview in the first place.