I'd vote for the Metra
by HTownND (2019-10-17 17:42:41)

In reply to: This is the correct answer.  posted by Domer84

Over the El

Mostly because you can drink on Metra.

Plus, it's one train, no switches.

Depending on where he's staying he may have to change trains a few times to get to the purple line.

Coldest night of my life was waiting at Howard Road
by Barrister  (2019-10-18 00:29:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

station for an hour at 3am on New Years for the damn purple line when I lived in Evanston. Loved my tiny apartment at Hinman and Main though. The elevators not so much.

It may be against the law to drink on the L
by miamioh_irishfan  (2019-10-17 19:24:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but it's not really against the law.

Maybe, but I’ve commuted via L for nearly 3 years...
by revressbo  (2019-10-17 19:50:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and take it semi-frequently outside of to/from work, and I can count on only one hand the number of times I’ve seen a person drinking on the L. That includes the homeless/mentally ill.

Of course, one of those few times was a bunch of ND fans on the red line (prior to transfer to purple) up to Evanston for the ND-Northwestern game last year, so...