Question for the ticket mavens ... World Series
by Barney68 (2019-10-17 19:28:21)

I live in the DC 'burbs. My younger son and his two boys are big time baseball fans. They live in South Dakota but want to come home and see a genuine World Series game.

What's the best way to get tickets?

Jump Marlins Man outside the stadium. *
by Killian  (2019-10-17 22:20:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Going to be very hard to get them now other then thru
by MDDomer  (2019-10-17 21:58:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

StubHub etc or scalpers.. I was able to get two (could and should have bought 4) thru the Nationals because I am a half season ticket holder. Section 227 cost $380 per and are selling for $1100+ on StubHub to give you an idea of the market right now.

Oh, and of course, Michigan sucks)

I have to admit
by Section12  (2019-10-18 10:01:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was in the same boat as you during the Cubs World Series run. I peeked at Stub Hub, 12 grand for a set of four. I cashed the check and got a brand new pier.

Very understandable. Still considering selling these 2.
by MDDomer  (2019-10-18 12:54:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Very dumb move on my part not to buy the other 2 when I had the chance.

Oh, and of course, Michigan sucks)

Book a couple weeks at the Trump Hotel
by Rockbrig97  (2019-10-17 19:34:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and ask the concierge to hook you up?

Actually, absent any connections, I'd monitor the MLB ticket swap thing and the other online brokers. I would NOT buy on the street from a stranger.