ACross, did you ever make it to Oaked in Soulard?
by No Right Turn on Red (2019-10-18 15:58:04)

It's closing this weekend after only eight months. They're selling off their wine inventory. I don't know too much in that area, but is there anything I should keep my eye out for in advance of the holiday season?

Nope. I don't get down to Soulard too often.
by ACross  (2019-10-18 16:12:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Closet I get is Sydney Street Cafe, and I only go there about once a year. I haven't been to Tony's in about 2 years, and not since Vincent croaked, and he was a friend of my wife's late father. The only other downtown restaurant that interests me and that I have been to is Cinder House. Otherwise, life ends at about Hanley for me.

Restaurants worth venturing east of Hanley for...
by Jellyfinger  (2019-10-19 15:35:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Louie on Demun, Acero, Eleven Eleven, Brasserie.

I would add Sidney Street, Planter's House, and Trattoria
by No Right Turn on Red  (2019-10-19 22:21:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Marcella. I liked Reeds American Table, but that closed this summer. On the less fancy and different side of things, I'd add Kounter Kulture, Rooster, Fritanga, Lona's Lil Eats. And that's before we even start to discuss the Hill and taquerias on Cherokee Street. St. Louis, and especially the City, has good food.

I would add Scape
by ACross  (2019-10-20 00:39:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I haven’t been there in a while.

Trattoria Marcella’s wine list has historically been horrific.

I like Acero but that is just barely East of Hanley so I can hack that trek.

You're aware Scape closed, correct? *
by Jellyfinger  (2019-10-20 07:20:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Shows how often I go east of Hanley
by ACross  (2019-10-21 00:36:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The CWE is hurting.

Shows how often I go east of Hanley
by ACross  (2019-10-20 23:17:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The CWE is hurting.

I really like Acero. *
by bigjinx74  (2019-10-19 21:38:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm the opposite. I don't get west of Hanley often,
by No Right Turn on Red  (2019-10-18 16:27:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

except when it's to eat in Clayton (Pastaria, Cafe Napoli). Dining out has decreased for me overall anyway with a toddler running around.

I'll be waiting for my present. *
by Rockbrig97  (2019-10-18 16:01:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If I can get the Stanley Cup for a day, I'll invite you over *
by No Right Turn on Red  (2019-10-18 16:21:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Where do I signup for this BR get together? *
by Stonebreaker42  (2019-10-18 18:48:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Fantasy Board seems most apt.
by No Right Turn on Red  (2019-10-18 20:05:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Since fantasy world is the only place where I’ll be able to have the Cup for a day.