Flying to Seoul in a few hours from ATL, how many Xanax
by inigomontoya (2019-10-18 21:02:52)

should I take exactly?

I flew a lot, including to Seoul a lot.
by BeijingIrish  (2019-10-19 11:49:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Inchon was my connecting point for flights to Ulaan Bataar in the years when I was working in Mongolia (2009-2011).

I never medicated before long flights. I just don't like the feeling even though I don't know what the feeling is. Instead, I avoided eating solid food (I would drink soup if that were served); and, above all, I eschewed alcohol. Drink water like crazy.

I don't know if Seoul is your destination or if you are connecting to another flight. If it is your connection airport, you are in luck because it is the best airport in the world. Better than Changi, better than Kai Tak. Do two things: (1) take a nice hot shower and get a massage; and, (2) have a steaming bowl of peppery beef-bone soup. You don't need to leave the transit area. If you have time, rent a hotel room for 4 hours and take a nap. All these services are offered in the transit area.

Thanks for the advice, have landed and 3 hours before Manila
by inigomontoya  (2019-10-19 17:17:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

leg. This Incheon airport is very nice, showered at the lounge and waiting for food service to come out at 6:30am will see what they serve. They have self serve beer taps and booze, so I must ignore that part of your advice.

Side note: Found a US passport in the bathroom after landing here. That person must have panicked at some point this morning. Turned it into information desk.

Edit: took 2 Xanax and managed to sleep for 6 hours. And I don’t think I perched on a beverage cart as far as I remember.

PS: I am an old Asia hand as they say.
by BeijingIrish  (2019-10-19 12:22:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My purpose here is to remind you that old Asia hands talk among themselves about their careers and experiences living and working in Asia. A frequent topic is, which country has the most beautiful women? As you might expect, the answers are all over the map. Vietnamese women get a lot of votes, Filipinas, Chinese, of course. It might interest you to know that the overwhelming choice of old Asia hands is Korean women. As other places open up, e.g., Mongolia, the mix is changing.

DO NOT TAKE ANY UNTIL YOU ARE IN THE AIR
by Santos L Halper  (2019-10-18 23:14:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have been on a flight to Asia that had to turn around on the runway. Just wait until you are in the air. Trust me

Wasn’t that an episode of “Modern Family”? *
by The Holtz Room  (2019-10-19 00:14:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And yet I read his post with Joe Swanson’s voice in my head. *
by RocketShark  (2019-10-19 08:01:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I remember taking one before a trip to Kiev.
by 93NationalChampions  (2019-10-18 23:11:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I had it timed just right. I stumbled to my seat to find I had an entire row to myself. I just knew I was going to sleep the entire trip. As the plane started to taxi it’s like a switch was flipped. I was wide awake. Didn’t sleep a minute.

All. All the Xanax. *
by LondonDomer  (2019-10-18 21:43:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Was given Xanax before getting Lasik
by 105Marquette  (2019-10-19 01:13:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can totally see why people get addicted to it so easily.

This is the only answer. *
by BottleofRed  (2019-10-18 22:03:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post