No, we're not.
by Wooderson (2019-11-07 18:18:21)
Edited on 2019-11-07 18:19:01

In reply to: What's up with all the swearing on the boards lately?  posted by hometown fan

Motherfucking Apple Inc can't design a simple product that JUST WORKS.

I plug in my Pixel to a Win 10 PC? "Would you like to access the files on this device?"

I plug my Pixel into a Win 7 PC? "Would you like to navigate the files n this device?"

I plug my Pixel into a Mac?

Bueller?

Bueller?

OK, no big deal, right? Because I make my bones making Windows work, I just offload the files for my Pixel onto a USB thumb drive, formatted FAT32 and not NTFS because I am nothing if not ecosystem agnostic. Mac can't read the thumb drive.

I had to set up a fucking samba share across the network to get files out of the windows environment onto the Mac! A Mac running the version with a sand dune in the background so I know it's form the last 12 months, not 10 years ago. Can't fucking read a thumb drive!

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

I get home, need to get files off my wife's iPhone. An iPhone 7, should be perfectly serviceable, no? WRONG, I get a "You need a new software download to connect to this device."

Bitch no I don't I can plug this into a Windows box and navigate the file structure and get what I need. Why in god's name do I need new software to hit up a phone that's up. to. date.

I told my wife I will never buy her another apple product. The ones I have in my possession are all received via the means of Free, the only price at which I will consider using iOSux.

For fuck's sake Apple, plugging in a god damned thumb drive is something that even my 70yo+ boomer parents have learned to wrap their heads around. Why are you such fucking trash?

Don't even get me started on trying to browse the internet on an iPhone. I will NEVER buy an iPhone with my own money at this point. And I've migrated all my music back to Wim-Amp, movies to Plex, and I use Amazon music for any new purchases.

End Rant.

At least iMovie is a $1000 piece of software that I got for free on the free Mac I'm typing this on. Need it for the annual family video for the Xmas card.