Jeash, 3rdst and everyone at “Big Milk”
by The Holtz Room (2020-02-27 15:44:07)

*Jeash I know you got out but just go with it.

What the hell? My Prairie Farms chocolate milk has gone from a 16oz bottle to a 14 oz bottler here in the last few months and yesterday it jumped from $1 to $1.25!

This aggression will not stand man!

Price of milk rose recently and this might be the
by Jeash  (2020-02-27 21:53:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

way they pass it on to the consumer and further hammer fluid milk consumption. I have longe held the belief that Milk cooperatives are lead by yes men who are to weak to stand up against management. I should stipulate Midwest CO-OPs.

Do you know a "Dairy Industry for Dummies" resource?
by Ofcr. Tim McCarthy  (2020-02-28 12:39:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Got a fun new dairy client, want to learn their business.

Milk pricing is probably the most unique, and difficult,
by 3rdSt  (2020-02-28 13:42:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

part of the business. The rest of a dairy operates like a normal business. There’s a joke that only five people in the US understand how milk is priced, and four of them are dead.

The attached link is to a discussion of the dairy markets by American Farm Bureau. They recently decided to weigh in on some pricing reforms, and to educate their membership (who are generally crop farmers), they put together some background sheets which are pretty good. That didn’t stop them from recommending some absolute BS reforms, but they at least had the facts mostly correct in their background info.

Cool, thanks. *
by Ofcr. Tim McCarthy  (2020-02-28 13:49:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well, it’s back down now. Like the stock market, the price
by 3rdSt  (2020-02-28 08:30:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of milk has collapsed over the last two weeks. But in the end, the farms and Co-ops don’t have much control over the retail price of milk. That’s solely dependent on the bottler and the retailer. Often times, grocery stores will sell gallons of milk below the cost of production to get people into their stores, which then leads to people thinking milk should be every cheaper than it is.

Prairie Farms however is a co-op that bottles and sells directly to retailers. They would have some control over this, and are likely trying to make up losses in the co-op from other product lines by squeezing some margin out of their fluid milk.

Same spit at bars.
by Porpoiseboy  (2020-02-27 17:13:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When I am elected Pope any bar using pint glasses other than 16 oz. will be burned to the ground.

Imperial pint glasses > American pint glasses
by No Right Turn on Red  (2020-02-27 17:31:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Gotta leave room for head.

Apologies. Should have said "less than 16 oz." *
by Porpoiseboy  (2020-02-27 18:34:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A bar I used to frequent was guilty of the tiny pint.
by No Right Turn on Red  (2020-02-27 19:37:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would always get draft, but one time I got a canned beer (16 oz), and the bartender gave me a pint glass with it. I poured that can and ran out of room with a good 3-4 oz left in the can. Their “pints” were only 12 ounces.

Shit, no, man. I believe you should get your ass kicked pourin’ something like that, man.

Always check the bottom of a glass.
by Anthro_Domer  (2020-02-28 00:52:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Fake pints have a huge bottom. It's the only place a fat bottom does not make the world go round.

I found the bottom of a pint glass in my pint glass once.
by NDBass  (2020-02-28 12:23:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Didn't find it until I had drained the beer, though.

That is good advice.
by No Right Turn on Red  (2020-02-28 10:44:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And also an excuse to post this:

Vote Porp for Pope! *
by Porpoiseboy  (2020-02-27 19:39:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Can you do card tricks?
by doolinbanjos  (2020-02-28 09:54:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I like my popes doing miracles and such.

I can do all that spit, tough guy! *
by Porpoiseboy  (2020-02-28 13:49:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Probably because this is the latest craze (NSFW?)
by DBCooper  (2020-02-27 15:52:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not sure if the first picture is the chocolate milk you are referring to

Is that skim, 2%, or whole milk? And whats up with the rope? *
by Inigomontoya  (2020-02-27 21:18:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Are those clips from a Paranormal Activity sequel? *
by bbill99  (2020-02-27 17:01:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hate you. *
by Bluntschli  (2020-02-27 16:53:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A nightmare warning is in order
by shillelaghhugger  (2020-02-27 16:40:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The look on the last guys face

At least two of those people are on the missing persons list
by milhouse  (2020-02-27 17:10:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

(I'm kidding; I have no idea. I'm sure this is some kind of weird consensual thing, like when you catch the early flight home from San Diego and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blindfolded like a goddamn magic show ready to double team your girlfriend.)

Da Faq? *
by The Holtz Room  (2020-02-27 16:31:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't want to know how you found that. *
by Lloyd Braun  (2020-02-27 16:27:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

WTF? *
by Nitschke  (2020-02-27 16:26:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's not a HuCow link, I hope. *
by Wooderson  (2020-02-27 16:14:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post