Saw a good point about this on Twitter
by gordonbombay (2020-02-27 16:34:41)

In reply to: YouTubeTV dropping Fox RSN's on Saturday.  posted by G.K.Chesterton

It was from Matt Sarzyniak, I believe (@mattsarz), who does a good job aggregating network selections for college sports.

Anyway, he pointed out that YTTV is a presenting sponsor for both the World Series and the NBA Finals (I think they may have had a Super Bowl presence as well), and yet they're now cutting off access to over half the teams in MLB and NBA.

I am personally unaffected - I live in Michigan and have no particular need to watch any Detroit teams - but it's a tough spot for those that are affected.

People affected by this
by HTownND  (2020-02-28 13:47:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Should simply pay for the service they want, and not expect their neighbors to subsidize it for them.

The whole model is bullshit.

I'm loving the Comcast/Marquee throw down. Marquee needs to realize that half the city doesn't give two shits about the Cubs, and if they only way to make the model work is to have us subsidize the cost, it's not Comcast's fault, it's the Cubs and Marquee's dogshit model.

If Cub fans want Marquee. Make it ala cart, and pay the real cost. Sorry that will probably cost the Cubs/Marquee a couple hundred million a year, but I don't think it's absurd for Comcast to push back against forcing their non Cub fan customers to subsidize Cubs TV for the Cubs fans that live here.