Sounds like Dish, YouTube, and Comcast are out
by irishlawyer (2020-02-28 06:22:34)

In reply to: Unfortunate.  posted by John@Indy

I think the Cubs are surprised no provider wants to pay them. They keep talking about how the Dodgers and Yankees did this 20 years ago. Ummm, yeah. They got in when the gettin' was good. The Cubs missed the bus.

Yep
by HTownND  (2020-02-28 13:50:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Whoever did their numbers should be fired. This tide has been coming for some time.

That they overpromised revenue based on bilking non Cub fans for carriage fees isn't the fault of the providers.

I appreciate the threats of, no provider wants to not have the Cubs eminating from the Marquee side. I think the providers have looked at the numbers and said, we have enough people that don't want to hand you $5 a month for no reason whatsoever, so we'll take our chances.

PS - for any butthurt Cubs fans, just pay for MLB.TV and a VPN that masks your location. You can watch the Cubs as much as you want, whenever and wherever you want. Moreover, we don't have to pay for it for you, you can pay for it yourself.