"Patriot Games" was the most disappointing movie experience
by 206er (2020-02-28 10:47:46)
Edited on 2020-02-28 11:01:40

of my 15-year-old 14-year-old life when I saw it opening day.

Watched it yesterday on Netflix for the first time since then. Very pedestrian. The IRA offshoot should've killed Sean Bean Miller in prison.

“Clear and Present Danger” made up for it. *
by The Holtz Room  (2020-02-28 17:44:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The machine is still on Moira *
by DBCooper  (2020-02-28 23:20:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think I first watched it around the same age.
by DillonFightSong  (2020-02-28 16:01:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Ah, yer not gonna make me wear a rubber arrgh ya? The Charrrch is against those ya know!"

I liked the Patriot’s Game movie until the end
by 1978Irish  (2020-02-28 15:23:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The chase scene in the boats was stupid. Another ending would have made it better.

They changed the Brit who was attacked from the Price of Wales to some obscure Royal and that was a mistake,
Other than that, I thought it was good.

Brad Pitt did do a nice Irish accent, though *
by sprack  (2020-02-28 11:20:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I thought so, too...
by GeronimoRumplestiltskin  (2020-02-28 11:53:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

On the other side of the coin, at about the same time as "The Devil's Own" came out, the Bruce Willis/Richard Gere flick "The Jackal" hit the theaters, with Gere doing an Irish accent he evidently picked up from watching Lucky Charms commercials. Ugh.

He might have had the same dialect coach as his
by sprack  (2020-02-28 14:45:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"pretty Baby" co-star Julia Roberts had for "Michael Collins". OK, she wasn't THAT bad.

Pitt really is superb at accents, especially his hilarious one in "Snatch" ("D'ya like dags?") and his southern hayseed attempting to speak Italian in "Inglorious Basterds".

That was the Devil's Own! *
by enginerd194  (2020-02-28 11:22:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Dang, I'm crossing the streams of Harrison Ford IRA movies *
by sprack  (2020-02-28 11:28:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post