You should go to the TWA Hotel instead, and lounge
by voidoid (2020-02-28 13:27:51)

In reply to: Question about JFK Airport  posted by VT2ND

in their lobby. It's f-ing amazing. Sure, you'd have to pay for drinks, but you'd be paying for drinks inside the Eero Saarinen terminal or aboard a classic Lockheed Constellation. It is accessed from Terminal 5 (JetBlue.)

Thirded. I stayed at the hotel a few months ago
by ConnorMacManus  (2020-02-28 16:24:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's an extraordinary piece of architecture that anyone coming through JFK should make a point of walking through.

The restaurant in the TWA Terminal is pretty good as well, and the balconies have some fun exhibits about the history of air travel that are worth checking out.

Do this. It's awesome.
by Wooderson  (2020-02-28 14:55:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And no, you usualyl can't go to lounges in terminals you don't have a boarding pass for. All air-side terminal to terminal transpo is essentially nil, save the bus from T2 to T4 since Delta owns both.

That's actually a really cool idea.
by VT2ND  (2020-02-28 14:43:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am going to be arriving at JFK with a couple of hours to kill before I can check in, so I might just do that. Thank you for the idea!

It's way better than any Priority Pass lounge!
by voidoid  (2020-02-28 16:05:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you're arriving by car you can get dropped off directly to the hotel; the motorcourt usually has a number of classic 1960s vehicles parked out front.

If you are taking the AirTrain, go to the JetBlue Terminal 5 and look for the signs. You take a quick elevator ride then take the skybridge across. (This is how you will get to Terminal 8 for your flight.)