Priorities: If you only have a day and a half at Disney
by Allumeuse (2020-02-28 18:26:26)

World, what do you do? CE and I are piggy backing on an upcoming conference in Orlando and only have Friday afternoon, Saturday and maybe Sunday morning there? Is it just Galaxy’s Edge?

Spend day drinking then hang outside F U gate at closing
by Frank Drebin  (2020-02-29 07:01:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The FU Gate is the exit to the park where all the exhausted families stumble out of the park at eat others’s throat with the parents usually screaming FU to each other while invariably pushing a couple of empty strollers while holding sleeping toddlers. Funniest part of being at the Happiest Place on earth

I would make sure
by TerramarIrish  (2020-02-29 00:00:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I had at least one meal at Thai Thani

No one gave the obvious - Visit Universal instead *
by ndaero93  (2020-02-28 22:16:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Way better rollercoasters.
by Wooderson  (2020-02-29 07:44:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Disney is for kids. Universal is for adults.

Growing up a stone's throw from Cedar Point
by Twinkie the Kid  (2020-02-29 17:51:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was completely underwhelmed by Universal.

I'd rather do the "theme park" rides at Disney.

That’s changing a bit
by DBCooper  (2020-02-29 07:45:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Universal does not have anything as good as Avatar ride.

I agree with this *
by goirish89  (2020-02-29 05:35:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Butterbeer is a powerful lure. *
by CMillar  (2020-02-28 22:34:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Plenty of time for beers around the world at Epcot *
by ndzippy  (2020-02-28 22:09:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Epcot is a construction mess
by rflor  (2020-02-29 08:25:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The World Showcase is fine, but you have to make it through the Future World construction zone first.

This is the correct answer. But not just beers.
by SonofNotreDame  (2020-02-28 22:49:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Walk around Epcot during the day. Then open a tab in the English pub in the evening. Go listen to the English rock band every other hour, drink between sets, and make sure to go to the Mexican bar with over 100 tequilas during one of the breaks.

Depends on rides you guys like
by DBCooper  (2020-02-28 21:18:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you like thrill type rides or the more “adult” rides Hollywood studios is probably best with the two Star Wars rides, Aerosmith roller coaster and tower of terror. The new Mickey and Minnie ride is opening there in March, so some of the large lines might not be as bad as there will be a focus on that ride.

Animal kingdom has avatar and expedition Everest. The safari and dinosaur ride there are not bad too.

Epcot is for drinking but is under a ton of construction.

If you are looking for the “Disney” feel rides that’s a little different.

FastPass is the only way to do Avatar.
by voidoid  (2020-02-28 22:42:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Also, if you enjoy drinking, camping out inside Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto at the Polynesian is a phenomenal way to get drunk at Disney World. Easy access via Monorail. Expect a wait, but worth it.

If you don't have kids,
by Johnnysalami  (2020-02-28 20:38:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't understand the question.

You’re a dentist, correct? *
by socal_doubledomer74  (2020-02-28 20:44:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That is correct (link)
by Johnnysalami  (2020-02-28 20:53:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wife and I are at Disneyland today. First stop Galaxy’s Edge
by socal_doubledomer74  (2020-02-28 19:52:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rode Smugglers Run twice. Flying the Falcon. Kid of the 80s in me geeked out. Went to Cantina. And on standby for Rise of Resistance but told we should make it. We entered the park at 8:03 and only made standby so be forewarned you have to get there early to have a shot at RotR. Will let you know how the ride is.

Was at DL yesterday and rode RotR
by Vermin96  (2020-02-28 23:06:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Was in the park by 8:30, and snagged Boarding Group 14 right at 9am. Thought I'd have time to knock out a few rides before the group was called, but while in line for Space Mountain the push notification came through. Rode Space and headed to Galaxy's Edge to ride RotR. It was incredible...really felt like I was in the movie! Smuggler's Run was pretty cool too. Rode that a couple of times via the single rider line. Definitely a day well spent after business meetings in LA on Wednesday.

Did DCA today and that entire park was completely new to me. I had only been to DL once when I was 11 years old back in 1986...needless to say DCA didn't exist back then.

Thursday must have been slow.
by socal_doubledomer74  (2020-02-28 23:30:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We arrived Thursday night and arrived at the park at 8am on Friday. At 8:03 we were in boarding group 116 but we made it on the ride by 7 pm.

Don't forget to see Magic Happens Parade today
by Tommy Baseball  (2020-02-28 20:13:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Second showing is at 6:00 pm today.

And RotR is amazing. The linked website has some really good tracking data for how RotR is performing. Today looks like a good day, so they should hit all the groups. Two weeks ago we snagged group 150 out of 156 total for the day. I didn't think we were going to make it, but got on around 8 pm. At the time that was their highest number of groups processed at Disneyland in a single say.

Awesome. I was afraid we’d have to try again tomorrow.
by socal_doubledomer74  (2020-02-28 20:42:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think we will ride it tomorrow for the second time. As an actual maker of interplanetary robots I’m geeked. Across can feel free to pelt me with empties but I don’t care.

Thanks again.

I'm not looking forward to rope dropping
by ravenium  (2020-02-28 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We'll have 2 chances or so for RotR, and it sounds brutal. Did you follow vermin05's guide?

Essentially
by Tommy Baseball  (2020-02-28 23:03:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was at Disneyland rather than Hollywood Studios. The groups seem to be going faster out here. Guarenteed groups are gone in under a minute and backup groups gone sometimes as fast as five minutes.

The big problem for us was getting through security. I had heard the Toy Story lot was best, but that was not the case. I would probably go to Mickey & Friends if I did it again. Do not walk in from Harbor. That was worse than the Toy Story line.

You'll want to be in line about an hour before opening to be in the first half of people in(so security 30-45 minutes before that). They seem to be letting people in only 20-30 min before opening time and it take about 20 minutes to clear out the initial line, so being at the back can be a problem.

If possible, have all your tickets already added to the app. If not, know how to add them and do that right away when you get through the gates. Either way, once you are through the gates and have all the tickets entered, force close the app and reopen it. You want a fresh start as this will force a sync to confirm your tickets have been scanned in.

For actually getting the boarding passes some say do an app reset while others say just a refresh of the status page. I can't comment on that as I was through the gates slightly after 8am, so I went straight from the app refresh to joining a group. They key either way is to have a second accurate clock. You want to be opening/refreshing just a second after the top of the hour.

You can practice with the app from home if you want. You can click the join group button and then confirm the members of your party. At that point you'll be told that you aren't in the park, but at least you can see the first two screens.

It sounds like a hassle, but it is very much worth it, and it beats waiting in line for 10 hours.

“Disney was my Vietnam. I close my eyes,
by The Holtz Room  (2020-02-28 19:18:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can still hear the children screaming.”
-Jim Brockmire

You guys are Star Wars fans so you should see Galaxies Edge
by Vermin05  (2020-02-28 18:54:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hollywood Studios has been a zoo so I they suggest not spending the whole day there if you can because it’s miserable. I would suggest springing for a hopper ticket and on Saturday morning follow my advise on the link below. The only update is that the Falcon Ride has Fastpass so if you are there for Star Wars you should go there first. You will get a 2 hour window to return to Rise of the Resistance so you can leave the park if you get a late boarding group and go to Epcot for some more adult fun. Friday night, it depends on what you want to see, do you want all the classics? Then hit up Magic Kingdom, if you like Animals go to Animal Kingdom.

I knew you would come thru *
by Allumeuse  (2020-02-28 19:32:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If this is next Fri, Sat, Sun, then HS will be even busier
by Tommy Baseball  (2020-02-28 19:25:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

with the opening of Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railroad.

I agree that doing Galaxy's Edge and Rise of the Resistance is absolutely must do for a short trip.

Flower and Garden will be going on at Epcot through June 1, so lots of good food and drink options with a park hopper.

If you don't want to splurge for a park hopper, but want to get out of the crowds at Hollywood Studios, a Skyliner flight over to the Riviera Resort might be a good way to kill a few hours while waiting for your RoTR group to be called. Maybe grab a drink at the bar at Topolino Terrace or even grab a dinner reservation so you can hang out at the outdoor bar before your reservation.

Edit: socal_doubledomer reminded me, make a reservation for Oga's Cantina. You can book that today with only a myDisney account and credit card to hold the reservation (no penalty to cancel if you do so more than 1 day out). There are afternoon times available still for May 2.

No, Early May
by Allumeuse  (2020-02-28 19:29:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Though I fortunately the Summit HS Cheerleading Championship is there that weekend.

We might be there together
by Vermin05  (2020-02-28 19:40:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m there the week straddling April-May, today was my Fastpass day. Unfortunately my schedule is not really in line with yours though. I’m going to be at Hollywood Studios Friday Morning and Saturday night, Epcot Friday evening, Animal Kingdom Saturday morning and Magic Kingdom all day Sunday (my last day.)

That's good. Assuming you are not staying on property
by Tommy Baseball  (2020-02-28 19:37:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

look at booking fastpasses online 30 days before your visit. You'll have to buy your tickets online and create a myDisney account. I just checked for 30 days from now and while you can't get Smugglers Run fastpasses, you can get Star Tours, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, and Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios. You could get FastPasses for 2 of those. That would really be the only three rides other than the Galaxy's Edge ones you would be likely to want to do (maybe Slinky Dog Dash).

Priority #1....
by Marine Domer  (2020-02-28 18:30:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Avoid the "It's a Covid 19 World" ride at all costs.

This. *
by ndwifemom  (2020-02-28 19:21:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post