Woke up in a new place today
by maniactranspodriver (2020-05-30 07:43:00)

In reply to: Saturday, eh? Well that means its time to get up!  posted by Barney68

It certainly wasn't the Giggity Room. I missed late night shenanigans here last night instead playing trivia over Zoom with a favorable ratio of single women to men. I think I chose wisely rather than dropping in the BR and protesting not being fit for admission to Mr. Giggity's place.

Moving resumes today. Only small stuff left at the old place then a cleaning. Then putting all that made it over away! The amount of things I have in a 1 bedroom apartment is mind boggling. Need to purge more. Exciting Saturday ahead!

Have a great day everyone!

Could you tell us where your screen name came from, please?
by mkovac  (2020-05-30 10:30:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I gots ta know.

(Bank robber facing Dirty Harry Callahan after Harry seemingly expended all six of his .44 caliber shots and the robber, after his car crashed and is now looking up at Harry’s long wide .44 barrel trying to figure if Harry still has any more shots left.

oh us oldtimers knew the reference right way. I use it often *
by Ryno  (2020-05-30 17:37:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The answer
by maniactranspodriver  (2020-05-30 16:46:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The miscellaneous information in my profile alludes to it. I was the #1 driver for ND Disabled Transportation in 1992. It was a volunteer position with potential to be the coordinator the following year which had a little money with it. Well the Keenan mailman, Cliff Steger, RIP, professed his Redskins fandom mildly but was a bit of an annoyance with blurting out the "Hail to the Redskins" song. As a favor since it was late in the afternoon on a frigid January day, I honored his request for a ride to the post office to fill up his mailbag and go back to Keenan. I only intended to scare him to hang on by making sharp turns on south quad icy sidewalks from the front of Cushing to the post office. I fishtailed off one turn and skidded in a foot of snow into the bench cemented outside the law school building. Disabled Transpo golf cart front shell was damaged. Cliff went flying off into the snow but was unhurt. I was demoted in driver status and did not get as many runs as I used to. One year later my real name was used in the title tune for the Keenan Revue skit "Maniac Transpo Driver" in homage to my real life experience and I embraced the minor celebrity status.

I may be able to help here...
by ndaero93  (2020-05-30 13:45:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Transpo was the service on campus where students drove around golf carts carrying fellow students that needed assistance like when they were injured and couldn't walk themselves.

The drivers were notorious for flying down the sidewalks and nearly taking out pedestrians along the way.

Maniac was one of those drivers from the early 90's I believe and embraced the nature of his position.

Good luck with the move. *
by gradyfan  (2020-05-30 09:06:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post