The answer
by maniactranspodriver (2020-05-30 16:46:31)

In reply to: Could you tell us where your screen name came from, please?  posted by mkovac

The miscellaneous information in my profile alludes to it. I was the #1 driver for ND Disabled Transportation in 1992. It was a volunteer position with potential to be the coordinator the following year which had a little money with it. Well the Keenan mailman, Cliff Steger, RIP, professed his Redskins fandom mildly but was a bit of an annoyance with blurting out the "Hail to the Redskins" song. As a favor since it was late in the afternoon on a frigid January day, I honored his request for a ride to the post office to fill up his mailbag and go back to Keenan. I only intended to scare him to hang on by making sharp turns on south quad icy sidewalks from the front of Cushing to the post office. I fishtailed off one turn and skidded in a foot of snow into the bench cemented outside the law school building. Disabled Transpo golf cart front shell was damaged. Cliff went flying off into the snow but was unhurt. I was demoted in driver status and did not get as many runs as I used to. One year later my real name was used in the title tune for the Keenan Revue skit "Maniac Transpo Driver" in homage to my real life experience and I embraced the minor celebrity status.