Thank you
by Chigurh (2020-07-01 19:46:53)

In reply to: Prayer  posted by vermin05

It just helps to get it out and “talk” with normal people. I have found that while she was out supposedly visiting friends and instead doing drugs I always stayed at home and took care of our girls. I’ve already in the past 5 days probably talked to my friends and family more than I had in the previous year. It’s amazing how you get so isolated dealing with someone like this. I might have a Master’s degree and several other undergraduate degrees but I should probably have a doctorate in ignoring signs and rationalizing behaviors.

A good friend of mine is a smart woman
by pmcdnd96  (2020-07-01 21:49:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She found out her fiance had a drug problem the morning he left the house instead of driving her to the hospital...and then showed up at the hospital later and tried to steal their son from the nursery.

Don't beat yourself up for not noticing the signs.

Never criticize yourself for trusting someone you love
by Milhouse  (2020-07-01 21:07:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and who you believe loves you. I'd rather trust and get burned than live my life as a cynic -- and I say this as someone with experience.

Document everything; do not speak ill of her to anyone; and assume anything you say to her, either in writing or by telephone, will be shown to or played to a court.

Hang in there.