2007 ND/UCLA NDN Tailgate Party at the Rose Bowl
by mkovac (2020-07-02 02:10:44)

In reply to: Count me among the fortunate *  posted by Jvan

John Vannie was the consummate host and true gentleman, making all of us visitors feel special and very welcome.

The mood before the game was quietly confident and it resulted in ND’s only 2nd (and final victory of the season, with Jimmy Clausan playing quite well.

A roar went through the stadium when it was announced that Stanford and the boys from The Farm beat the boys from South Central. It was fun listening to the SC Locker room show driving over the mountains to Bakersfield. It was joyful!!!!

Who made the postgame "ND Spirit" post?
by gordonbombay  (2020-07-02 11:41:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It didn't make it into the posting HOF, so I can't recite it from memory, but someone, and it may have been one of you guys, made a terrific post after that game. It was about how inspiring they found it that even with ND sitting at 0-5 and at one of its lowest points, that our fans took over a decent portion of the Rose Bowl and loudly cheered the team. A line about "this is why this program will never die" or something of the sort always stuck with me.

I'm still annoyed I couldn't find the tailgate that day *
by Milhouse  (2020-07-02 11:12:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think we beat Duke & Stanford after that
by 3AONEILL08  (2020-07-02 02:40:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was our first of 3 wins. I should know - it what a great senior year football season.

Yep. And it only took UCLA's top 3 QBs getting hurt
by roccoglobboschoolforwomen  (2020-07-02 08:08:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and a rainstorm. It was the night of my senior homecoming dance. I kept sneaking off the dance floor because the game was on a TV by the concessions booth.

Radio Tower Lot was the only thing that sustained us in ‘07 *
by DawsonMayes871  (2020-07-02 04:38:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Harrumph. *
by Irish Tool  (2020-07-02 06:17:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post