Online grocery delivery re prices
by squid (2020-07-02 09:34:09)

Is food delivered from Whole Foods via Amazon priced the same as the store? Are there ‘hidden fees’ like tips for the courier?

Are prices the same at mainline grocery stores that have online delivery options? Like Kroger or Giant?

I last used Harris Teeter’s in-store pickup option. Prices were the same as if I had personally shopped in the store but that was in three years ago plus I would prefer home delivery.

Surprisingly difficult to figure out when searching online.

Prices on Instacart from Publix and Costco definitely higher
by goirishgo  (2020-07-02 13:28:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

than in the store here in Atlanta. That's before you include any order assembly or delivery fees.

WF does add a tip, but delivery is free for Prime members.
by EricCartman  (2020-07-02 09:59:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I haven’t noticed a price difference online vs in-store.

WF also charges a delivery fee if you select certain delivery windows. This isn’t really an issue since there are usually plenty of windows to choose from.

Delivery is sort of screwing up Whole Foods, in my opinion.
by CMillar  (2020-07-02 10:02:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Part of the appeal of Whole Foods was the shopping experience. It was, contrary to most grocery stores, a positive experience. The stores looked great and it was enjoyable to shop there. That's what made it worth the premium prices.

Now the stores feel like they are crowded with workers pulling items for delivery and the entrances and parking lots are full of delivery drivers just dicking around and smoking while waiting to pick up delivery orders.

All in all, going there sort of sucks now.

It's just a matter of time before there are dedicated WF
by Bluntschli  (2020-07-02 12:08:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

fulfillment centers. I'm surprised it hasn't happened already.

Depends on the store
by Bob Loblaw  (2020-07-02 10:34:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't think all stores deliver. Mine comes from a WF that is not near me.

Overall, I've been relatively happy with the delivery experience from Whole Foods. If the produce isn't good, I just return it on the app (which I've only had to do once or twice when it wasn't edible because it got damaged during delivery).

That’s why I use delivery.
by EricCartman  (2020-07-02 10:30:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It’s free and I never need to step into the store every again.

It’s glorious.

Our local chain charges 5 bucks to pick the order
by fontoknow  (2020-07-02 09:46:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

20 bucks to deliver the order.

Pricing on items is same as on the shelf.