Funny story.
by doolinbanjos (2020-07-02 11:29:18)

In reply to: Quick PSA re: Groceries - especially delivery or pickup  posted by 88_92WSND

My wife... Let's call her Karen... used one of those shopping services for a while. During the hard lockdown, when things were not always available, the shopper would message that she couldn't find this or that, and was substituting. My wife, Karen, started to treat the shopper like her personal servant, making her check for this or that alternative substitute, asking a million questions, you know, like I was the one doing the shopping for her.

One time Karen was on the app, and the shopper stopped responding. Instead, Karen kept getting messages: "Out of eggs"; "Out of pickles"; "Out of cheese" - all the things that were already in the basket were being taken out. Karen was flummoxed. "She already had these things in the basket - how can they be out of them???" I had to explain to her that the shopper was actually flipping her the bird. (Think Bill Murray driving his cab in the beginning of Stripes). Apparently, not everyone wants to be micromanaged while out braving Covid doing Karen's dirty work.

We've done our own shopping since then.