Doesn't sound like he needs it
by 3AONEILL08 (2020-07-02 13:31:17)

In reply to: This is the correct answer.  posted by OCND

His speeds are typical and don't suggest a problem with WiFi coverage. I've got Google Nest Wifi and love it, but when I'm further from an access point there is still drop in speed when. I run tests. Luckily it's still plenty fast.

25-30 down on a 100/100 plan? Not sure about that. *
by OCND  (2020-07-02 13:48:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I just ran some speed numbers
by Ty Webb  (2020-07-02 14:39:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I plugged our laptop directly into the router and got the 100/100 speed. Then I unplugged the laptop and ran a speed test with the laptop next to the router over the wifi network. Speed dropped to 46/37.

I then tested the speed using one of our iPads. Again testing right next to router I got a speed of 79/70. I then tested my iphone and got 60/50.

Nothing else is streaming in our network right now.

I did find some people that successfully were able to set up an Eero mesh system using a double NAT (or bridge) set up. I may try that. I may upgrade the router too as it won't cost me much to rent one from Verizon (actually it's like $3 a month).