Can you get a Covid test when you're asymptomatic?
by 105Marquette (2020-08-06 19:55:20)

My daughter's moving in at the University of South Carolina in a little over a week. The school is requiring every freshman to show up with proof of a negative Covid test or a positive antibody test with no symptoms. They won't let you move in without a test result. Problem is, I can't seem to find a way to get a Covid test unless you have symptoms. (Even the tests you order online and take at home have a questionnaire asking what symptoms you have.) It seems that the only way we can move her in is by lying and saying she has symptoms so we can get her tested. Anyone else have this problem?

Yes. I am getting one next Tuesday. *
by The Flash  (2020-08-07 11:04:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks all. Think we found a solution. *
by 105Marquette  (2020-08-07 09:42:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

NYC anyone can get a test, no questions asked. *
by irishnyer  (2020-08-07 07:40:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That’s not true
by DBCooper  (2020-08-07 10:20:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They asked me if I was on any medication.

How did the interview go with Ivey?

Look for large sites like a drive through
by shillelaghhugger  (2020-08-07 01:31:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Urgent cares tend to want to know you have symptoms. The drive throughs and mass testing places are going for quantity. Maybe do some googling on their results turnaround time.

So is Willie Jr
by ACross  (2020-08-07 00:51:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just sayin.

Our local testing site will test anyone.
by Killian  (2020-08-06 22:37:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Symptoms or not.

My son goes to Purdue and they are using the Vault test
by bengalbout  (2020-08-06 21:42:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Purdue provided the test kit, and he has a certain day he has to do a zoom call and take the test while someone watches him. It’s a saliva test. I linked the site below and it looks like it costs $150 (wow) to order yourself. We didn’t pay anything upfront, but I’m sure it is in the fees somewhere.

In NJ, anyone can get a test
by thecontrarian  (2020-08-06 21:23:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The testing site I work at limits tests to county residents or first responders, but just about every walk-in clinic & Dr. office are offering COVID testing.

Have you tried your daughter’s doctor or an urgent care?
by reilly  (2020-08-06 21:11:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My daughter had to be tested before going to college too, and we just took her to her pediatrician for that (they see patients through adolescence). You can also get covid tests here (Alabama) at most of the urgent care clinics regardless of symptom status.

Not an issue in TN
by Domer79dad09  (2020-08-06 20:45:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My wife and I got tested before heading up to our daughter’s wedding. Ten minutes start to finish and our negative results less than 24 hours later.

Is UofSC not providing test kits for the students?
by ndaero93  (2020-08-06 20:27:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know my school - a mid-tier state school is providing mail-in test kits for the students that are coming on to campus. Seems like if they are requiring it that they should be providing a mechanism for their students to get it.

My girlfriend and I have several times.
by Rick Sanchez  (2020-08-06 20:15:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I believe it depends on where you are.

We've traveled (via car) to visit family a couple of times and got tested in anticipation of leaving. Testing in NYC isn't difficult to get right now, though. I believe it's more difficult in other places.

Good luck.

Easy for you...
by Zbirdman  (2020-08-06 22:03:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When you can teleport into alternate universes

If 40% of cases are asymptomatic, no symptoms should be
by Father Nieuwland  (2020-08-06 20:02:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a symptom

I suggest explaining the situation to your physician and ask for some direction