Why aren’t there cakes sized for a family of 3-7?
by DakotaDomer (2020-08-06 21:36:22)

Cupcake for 1
Big cupcake for 2
Next size of cake is suitable for 8-12
Next size up is for 24

Is it so much to ask for a cake that a normal sized family can eat for 1 birthday night and be done with it?

Just brought left over Gibson’s home to 6 kids. They ate 1/2 *
by airborneirish  (2020-08-07 22:17:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Go to a bakery *
by ODSCHOOL  (2020-08-07 11:16:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You can serve half of the cake in each of your houses *
by Bobby OShea  (2020-08-07 11:08:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Buy a nice cake from a bakery that will be large enough for
by kellykapowski  (2020-08-07 10:49:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Whatever picture or design you want on it, then separate the leftovers in small Pyrex type containers and freeze it. Problem solved.

Where am I going to fit my ice cream? *
by DakotaDomer  (2020-08-07 11:40:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You need a garage refrigerator/ freezer. *
by kellykapowski  (2020-08-07 12:05:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You're nuts
by ndtnguy  (2020-08-07 09:19:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One, cakes and cake pans come in all kinds of sizes. And that's leaving aside tarts, European sweet breads, and other cake-adjacent deserts.

Two, even using just a standard nine-inch cake pan, your cake is almost infinitely scaleable just by making fewer or more layers. A one-layer nine-inch cake fits your bill.

I ordered sweetbreads in Europe once.
by doolinbanjos  (2020-08-07 09:46:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was decidedly not cake-adjacent.

Mea culpa
by ndtnguy  (2020-08-07 10:00:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Sweetbread" is an offal dish. I should have written "sweet breads" or "quick breads."

Ice cream cake, my good man! *
by Irish Tool  (2020-08-07 07:25:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There are. They are at bakeries everywhere.
by URwhatUR  (2020-08-07 06:43:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Did you find one?

Your wife deserves the biggest cake there is anyway!

Do you think I’m the primary objector in this situation?
by DakotaDomer  (2020-08-07 07:40:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To a huge cake?

Me? Really?

Ha! I thought about that later. Too funny! *
by URwhatUR  (2020-08-07 16:15:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Buy a big cake and toss what you don’t eat
by ACross  (2020-08-07 01:27:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can front you the 10 clams

I don’t get my cakes from Walmart
by DakotaDomer  (2020-08-07 07:00:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And I don’t enjoy the family riot when I throw out 6 servings of cake.

Who in their right mind throws out perfectly good cake? *
by pmcdnd96  (2020-08-07 10:28:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Andy, apparently
by ndtnguy  (2020-08-07 11:06:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

On the theory, I suppose, that anything that could be mistaken for thriftiness is a display of some moral defect.

"Never eat food beyond the day on which it was cooked. It's a sign of weakness," as John Wayne said, maybe.

The local Walmart makes a pretty good sheet cake...
by pmoose  (2020-08-07 09:12:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...at least as far as sheet cakes go.

He should put the leftovers in his storage house *
by ratinatux  (2020-08-07 04:21:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Go to a bakery and order what you want? *
by Kbyrnes  (2020-08-06 23:57:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't see the problem.
by No Right Turn on Red  (2020-08-06 22:04:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What's wrong with leftover cake? Share with your neighbors if it can't be in the house. Or eat more than one piece of cake.

If, for some odd reason, you're opposed to leftover cake, you can always just buy 3-7 cupcakes. You can also buy smaller cake pans to bake a cake that would serve 6-8.

Other options include going with pie or cheesecake instead of a birthday cake.

Yep. I'm struggling to see the issue here. *
by BottleofRed  (2020-08-07 08:42:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Cut bigger slices. *
by NDBass  (2020-08-06 22:05:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Opposite of when my 8 yo wants two slices.
by Corrleone  (2020-08-06 22:13:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Fine". Then I cut her piece in two.

Reminds me of the hotdog buns in Father of the Bride
by acrossdmiddle  (2020-08-06 21:44:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And the answer is no. We (six people) couldn’t come close to finishing my dad’s bday cake over two nights.

Oh, now they make packages of 8 buns
by gozer  (2020-08-07 10:50:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But those conniving bastards at Hebrew National are putting the dogs in packs of 7. That’s freaking PRIME! You can’t match buns to dogs until you get to 56. I don’t live with Joey Chestnut. I used to think the theories about the Jews plotting to run the world were crackpot garbage... but 7 hot dogs to a package? That’s just diabolically sneaky.

This is priceless *
by acrossdmiddle  (2020-08-07 23:48:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post