Is CBD oil for dogs legit or snake oil?
by Irish Tool (2020-08-07 09:38:46)
Edited on 2020-08-07 09:53:30

I'm seeing it recommended in various places but my vet has never mentioned it, instead my vet recommends the standard glucosamine/chondroitin for joints/mobility. Are there legit researched sources that recommend CBD?

My dog (60 lb retriever mutt) is almost 10 now and is slowing down a bit this year. Legs seem a little weaker, etc. I'm happy to get whatever supplements will improve her quality of life in these golden years.

Dasuquin has worked well for our 9 year old pug mix
by ravenium  (2020-08-07 12:09:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He still demands to jump on the high bed like a darn cat, where he’d demand I pick him up before.

I feel like CBD is one of those things that people are shoving in everything willy nilly in an effort to make it into some sort of magic cure all.

We also use Dasuquin for our 15 year old Airedale.
by airedaleman  (2020-08-07 13:10:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It has helped keep him mobile in his senior years.

Purely anecdotal and not an endorsement
by volley  (2020-08-07 10:25:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We noticed that our 10-year-old dog's hind legs would occasionally buckle when she was dashing for the food bowl. We started putting a couple of drops of CBD in her morning meal and it hasn't happened since.

CBD is not glucosamine/chondroitin, see link FAQ. (link)
by discNDav  (2020-08-07 09:42:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Edited my post to clarify. *
by Irish Tool  (2020-08-07 09:48:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post