My job does not allow it but
by KnightlyRevue (2020-08-07 10:37:59)

In reply to: Anyone else trying to separate from their cell phone?  posted by BuckeyeJohn05

I have turned off all non-essential notifications and now leave my home without a cell phone when going to run short errands of an hour or less. No phones or electronics of any kind can be visible when we eat dinner as a family (especially at restaurants) and I have configured my smart phone to only notify me if there is a high priority work item. My phone goes into do not disturb (outside of critical notifications from work) at 10:00 pm.

I do not participate in social media of any kind (FaceBook, Instagram, Tik-Tok, Twitter, etc.) with the exception of LinkedIn and that is only because it is required for work.

I sincerely miss the days of being disconnected and leaving my home completely free of contact from anyone. I find we are a nation of digitally addicted egotistical misinformation seekers. I choose not to participate. The irony is we have all the access to one another we could possibly want and none of the meaningful connection; rather we fill our lives with pictures of food and other nonsense. A virtual "LOOK AT ME!!!" mind set that permeates the very fabric of existence now.

Okay, I will go get a Tylenol and get off my soapbox.