Maintaining a yard
by brewcitydomer (2020-08-07 15:00:36)

In reply to: Homeowners, what do you hate about owning a home?  posted by gregmorrissey

I've got three small kids. I don't have time to weed and trim and water and mow with anywhere near the regularity of the rest of my neighborhood. I miss splitting a 40 sqft patch of grass with 3 other units in Chicago.

Finding a good gardener. *
by kellykapowski  (2020-08-07 22:09:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One of the best decisions we made
by bmoreirish  (2020-08-07 17:52:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Was hiring someone to do the mowing. We will get about 3 years of mowing before we would equal the cost of a nice ride on mower, which we would need. Well worth the time I don’t spend worrying about it, nevermind having to maintain a mower.

Same here.
by roxie  (2020-08-07 15:15:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We try to mow regularly, but sometimes other lawn maintenance tasks fall by the wayside. It doesn't help that I am TERRIBLE with plants. I like to look at nice landscaping, but I can't keep up with which plants need to be pruned regularly, which need extra water, which ones are weeds, etc. I'm the kind of person who has managed to kill multiple succulents, and they can survive in some pretty harsh conditions.