Any Facebook group experts here?
by URwhatUR (2020-08-07 16:40:47)

I created a Group and remain an Admin, but today I suddenly cannot post in the group. Is there a setting to change?

I sent a message to FB but doubt there will be a reply.

Thanks for any help. I'm hopping on a call and will check back in an hour--so, sorry if it seems like post and run.

I hope not. *
by mocopdx  (2020-08-07 20:34:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Do you get an error message when you post?
by roccoglobboschoolforwomen  (2020-08-07 17:40:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

or is the Post functionality totally missing from the Group page?

There's a setting that allows you to limit posting to only admins but if you're still an admin, that's obviously not the problem.

No error message. No way to post.
by URwhatUR  (2020-08-07 18:43:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The little circle with red line through it shows if my cursor goes over the members of the group inside the post, but that is the only indicator of a problem.

Posting works on the phone but not computer, which worked this morning. Oh, I changed the name of the group. It has been four hours, rebooted, left the group, re-entered, still not working.

ugh.

Thanks for helping, rocco.

Send me an email
by RoccoGlobboSchoolForWomen (click here to email the poster)  (2020-08-07 20:33:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m no expert on groups. I don’t see the same problem with the groups I admin. But I do work at Facebook and if I can gather more details might be able to find the right person to help.