G-D sprinklers
by shillelaghhugger (2020-08-07 17:44:01)

In reply to: Homeowners, what do you hate about owning a home?  posted by gregmorrissey

Jimbo is right. Something always needs fixed. I actually don't mind most of it because it's a small challenge and it feels good to fix. With youtube, you can learn to fix almost anything and in just a few years, I'm pretty handy around the house and rarely need to call.

But those goddamn sprinklers.

There is almost ALWAYS something wrong with them. They're not spraying where you want, they break, they get hit by a kid or lawn mower.

And it's not always clear what the problem is. It's not expensive to fix so I don't want to hire out.

Recommendations: get a yard guy who will fix your sprinklers. Just eat the cost. Or spend some time getting good at them. I refuse to have someone do my lawn; I honestly enjoy it which I know is weird but it's my time to check out for the week. My kids screaming inside? I can't even hear em.

Get a sprinkler box with an app. Game changer. Being able to mess with them and turn them on and off with your phone is a life saver. They won't run when it rains. And if you need to give em more water but you're out of town- no problem.

Replies: