Did we already talk about Yellowstone?
by URwhatUR (2020-08-09 22:26:15)

Best show on TV. Well, I don't watch anything else but The Office (s/o to DD!) so might not be the best judge.

"I can't un-hear that, Honey."
"He's supposed to be dead."

It is a great show. Best scenery too.

I enjoy it but it ain't that good
by Doggie  (2020-08-10 19:45:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The brooding Kevin Costner character who doesn't do much but zing out trite one-liners, enjoy the scenery (which is great), knows all the deep dark secrets, and make his kids wilt just being the same room can be a bit much. I just noticed this week that the theme music is a bit GOTish.

It is a bit fun to imagine what the next non-sequitur is going to pop up to suit the soap opera-ish plot.

That said, it is destination TV for me, at least via on-demand anyway.

Great show. It has also reminded me that acting isn't
by Weirdo0521  (2020-08-10 10:43:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

as easy as it looks. The professional rodeo and ranchers stick out noticeably. I give the show credit for using them.

the professional actors aren't so great, either...
by DavidAddison  (2020-08-10 15:43:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the lawyer son and the daughter are difficult to watch, though some of that is the unlikeability of the characters. Thank goodness for Kacey.

one spoiler... (season one I think?)
by DavidAddison  (2020-08-10 15:44:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the fact that Kevin Costner's character accepted basically no responsibility for his son's death bothers me...he was clearly to blame for starting all that and not a single person on the show holds him accountable.

Indeed.
by mkovac  (2020-08-10 15:10:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I turned to my wife and said, “Those guys are real pros- riders, not actors.”

And those horses. Gorgeous and so well-trained.

The bourbon? It's good but just a bit overpriced at $45-50. *
by No Right Turn on Red  (2020-08-10 01:50:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I need to watch it, but I am afraid to
by Jeash  (2020-08-09 23:42:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

because any time that Hollywood fucks up anything to do with ranching or farming.

Isn't that same with any profession?
by weirdo0521  (2020-08-10 12:00:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Doctors...lawyers...traders..cops...very few tv/movie portrayals are accurate.

That’s how I learned alfalfa can do bad things to cows. *
by The Holtz Room  (2020-08-09 23:56:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

by Moff  (2020-08-10 08:20:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When he sang "I'm in the mooood for love" cows knew *
by Father Nieuwland  (2020-08-10 11:59:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Heh. *
by doolinbanjos  (2020-08-10 11:45:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well played *
by The Holtz Room  (2020-08-10 11:31:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I laughed. *
by Bluntschli  (2020-08-10 10:01:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or it’s the base for everything I feed my milk cows.
by 3rdSt  (2020-08-10 00:44:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But, yeah, under the right conditions, cows can absolutely gorge and bloat on it.

FWIW, I’ve never watched the show, but have a lot of friends who ranch and love it.

I enjoy the show. It’s probably the only one CE doesn’t
by The Holtz Room  (2020-08-10 01:52:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

possess a working knowledge of that I do.

3rd street the dairy by my house had to sell it’s cows
by Del Griffith  (2020-08-10 01:50:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

On Riggs and Higley for more developers (would be nice if they put a bar on my corner). Did you buy any ? All my neighbors Myself included are sad to see it go.

We did end up with some of their heifers.
by 3rdSt  (2020-08-10 02:09:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The owner of that herd was a fruitcake, as most raw milk dairyfarmers are, and I have some concerns about the health of the heifers I bought because they’ve never been vaccinated. We’ll see how that goes.

We knew the original builders of that dairy well, as they were part of our co-op, but when they left, it fell into some strange ownership changes. I suppose it’s sad to see it go, but it’s closing the same time as my and my neighbors dairies in Mesa. Once the farmland goes, it’s hard to keep an isolated dairy farm going.

We are enjoying it. Great scenery great lines *
by NDFlyer  (2020-08-09 22:50:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Best line I've heard is roughly "The only decisions I have
by Dadknuknutesson  (2020-08-10 06:46:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

made in fear I have regretted the rest of my life."