Question for small firm attorneys re billing software.
by John@Indy (click here to email the poster) (2020-08-10 15:15:32)

Many of our clients are insurers, and we must submit bills to various companies in different formats and/or through several different websites. Our firm currently uses Tabs3, and has for many years. Tabs does not seem to make anyone's top 10 list, but we've been using it by inertia. It gets us paid, but many billing tasks seem strangely complicated. Does anyone have any thoughts on other billing software, and whether making a change is worthwhile? My email address is enclosed if anyone would rather discuss offline. Thanks.

We use Juris Suite
by ndtnguy  (2020-08-10 15:55:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It doesn't have the document integration referred to below, but it does have all the task and activity codes (you can set it on the admin side to require or not require those for individual clients or cases). We have a couple of clients who require online billing submission, and I've never heard the office manager shriek in frustration over transferring the billing to the online portal from Juris. I guess it's fairly seamless.

We use Juris as well - we like it - 10 lawyer Firm. *
by AnSliabhMor  (2020-08-10 21:34:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We use Time Matters
by Chapelwing  (2020-08-10 15:52:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We used Tabs years ago. I like TM as it acts as our document/file server and you can bill from your document as you create it. The downside is it is expensive and needs tweaking depending on your specific needs.

We have TM as well
by JC_90_94  (2020-08-11 12:27:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Its a classic "good at everything" not "great at anything" suite.

We used to have TABS for billing and Worldox for document management. Those systems were probably more robust than TM for their areas but were not a unified system.

The searching feature for documents in TM is painful and slow. The other pet peeve I have is the function for attaching files in emails - it is tedious and time consuming to route to your specific file to attach.

We use Bill4Time
by knutesteen  (2020-08-10 15:21:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

which allows LEDES Format Invoice Export so we can bill insurers with the ABA Litigation Code Set, as well as direct clients without those complications. Going on year 8 this month.

We use it as well. Old firm used PCLaw, which we all
by Barrister  (2020-08-10 16:17:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

hated.