Hot take: also the first season of True Detective
by Allumeuse (2020-08-10 15:58:40)

In reply to: The second season of True Detective *  posted by sprack

Also, anything from Terrence Winter.

Terrence Winter and Tim Van Patten are responsible for
by Nitschke  (2020-08-11 08:59:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

one of the greatest single episodes of the greatest television series of all times.

That is fine but
by Allumeuse  (2020-08-11 20:30:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They weren’t show runners on that show. Most people aren’t gonna walk around and credit Michelle McClaren Or Rian Johnson for Breaking Bad instead of Vince Gilligan just because they directed and wrote some of the best episodes of the show. They are going to credit Gilligan.

But the first season was at least watchable
by sprack  (2020-08-10 16:16:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have no idea what happened in the second season after the third episode when I gave up.

I will speak for CE
by Allumeuse  (2020-08-10 16:22:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Someone got high and watched too many David Lynch movies before that season. It wasn’t even fun to hate watch.

Sopranos? *
by DBCooper  (2020-08-10 16:08:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I give that to Chase
by Allumeuse  (2020-08-10 16:13:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don’t give Winters the credit for that since he wasn’t even part of the first season. The two shows he was show runner on definitely fit the bill. Vinyl was hot expensive garbage.