Credit Report Freeze Update
by knutesteen (2020-09-18 09:13:29)

The second fraudulent use of my SS # yesterday was my receipt in the mail of an application allegedly submitted by me, with my SS #, for unemployment due to "reduced hours" at my firm. No, I did not make an unemployment claim against my own firm.
So SBA loan app, and unemployment claim. Back Room sleuths: Any guesses as to the breach?

Not social security number, but on a credit card we never
by DomerJon  (2020-09-18 13:13:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

used and had for over 6 years was charged over 27K in Brazil. Bank of America said they are just guessing random numbers now and when they get one to go through they max it out.

Hard to tell. But the Equifax breach was huge.
by 512  (2020-09-18 11:41:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Credit cards started showing up at our house. They had SS#’s etc. we froze and have been fine. I also would suggest ID Watchdog. We use that and it is really good. We have been fine the last several years

Anecdotally I was so pissed I actually sued Equifax in Austin small claims court. The judge was a 79 year old asshat and I lost. But I enjoyed wasting their attorneys time.

I should have flown in Andy.

You should have hired knutesteen *
by tar  (2020-09-18 14:26:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post