For the Tyler Childers fans, he released a surprised album
by WilfordBrimley (2020-09-18 10:52:46)

this morning, "Long Violent History". Quite good so far.

To anyone unfamiliar, check out his song "Universal Sound"
by Irish_Texan  (2020-09-18 14:34:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Beautiful song and plays with those who don't like "country"

He also released a 6-min video on FB/youtube explaining it
by Go_Crazy_Folks  (2020-09-18 13:24:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He basically was telling his fellow white Kentuckians that they would be pretty pissed if they were the ones being shot by law enforcement.

Considering the demographic of his fan base, that takes a lot of balls. I realize he’s not exactly Toby Keith or Lee Greenwood, but still, it’s country music for white people.

Also said he has been sober for 6 months. Hope he can keep it going.

Pretty powerful stuff. *
by Rockbrig97  (2020-09-18 14:05:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Video link (link)
by Go_Crazy_Folks  (2020-09-18 14:00:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All instrumental except the last song, yeah?
by mocopdx  (2020-09-18 10:58:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I haven't listened yet but that's what I read briefly. I hope he makes a turn back to the Purgatory sound, I enjoyed Country Squire but prefer the more gritty and raw tunes. Country Squire sounded a bit too polished and over produced.

I got to see him out here at Pickathon and just meandered up to the side of the stage- it's a very intimate festival. I watched him play an hour set from maybe 20 feet away, a really cool experience.

Indeed - last song is great, though.
by WilfordBrimley  (2020-09-18 11:08:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Might be in contention for several Song of the Year awards.

Oh yeah, that's the good stuff.
by mocopdx  (2020-09-18 11:14:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Love a surprise Friday music drop.